**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
What did Google offer last Black Friday, out of interest?

Now your asking......I seem to remember it was a cracking year for phone deals.

I might be wrong, but I think you got a free home hub worth £129.......but I also seem to remember a £100 discount (maybe cyber monday).

The real deals were with the carriers like mobiles.co.uk and mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. They were silly cheap. In fact, I seem to remember the phone + a good contract being cheaper than a normal price for just the phone.

Think something like free 128gb phone, £27 a month with 50gb data, unlimited txt/calls and free spotify..so basically £100 off the phones price and free sim plan and spotify.

I'd definately recommend anyone to wait a month before buying.

Last years pre-order deal was for the pixel stand, so again....worth waiting for something better.

The US had a buy one, get one free deal :D I remember that!

Last edited:
Soldato
Now your asking......I seem to remember it was a cracking year for phone deals.

I might be wrong, but I think you got a free home hub worth £129.......but I also seem to remember a £100 discount (maybe cyber monday).

The real deals were with the carriers like mobiles.co.uk and mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. They were silly cheap. In fact, I seem to remember the phone + a good contract being cheaper than a normal price for just the phone.

Think something like free 128gb phone, £27 a month with 50gb data, unlimited txt/calls and free spotify..so basically £100 off the phones price and free sim plan and spotify.

I'd definately recommend anyone to wait a month before buying.

Last years pre-order deal was for the pixel stand, so again....worth waiting for something better.

The US had a buy one, get one free deal :D I remember that!
This was definitely the case two years ago. I got my 2XL on Black Friday for something like £820 with a 12gb 2 year contract. If you took the phone at full RRP the contract was £2 a month or something silly like that.

Associate
This month is always the point in time where I get Google envy and debate moving back over to Android.

I think the Pixel 4 looks amazing.

Hoping for a good event tomorrow.

Soldato
I agree with this, especially when the product has already leaked and most of the people in the room already know what's coming before the event starts.

Actually, I bet the majority of tech site publishers and Youtube 'influencers' at these events have been running rumour articles /videos and leak info in the event lead up themselves.

Exactly, by the time the event happens so much has leaked anyway that there is basically zero new news and just people telling people stuff they already knew.

Soldato
Basically we’re just waiting for the price and how the camera and battery perform... can’t say I’m hugely optimistic but happy to be proven wrong.

Soldato
The Mate 30 Pro has gesture control, you can use it for browser scrolling, image capture etc. Can't say I've used it much as its easier to use touch scrolling and whilst I'm pretty sure Google tech will be better implemented most folk would probably prefer if Google ditched this and face unlock if it meant a lower RRP.

Soldato
I look at those specs and say I'm quite happy with my Pixel 3 and will be for another 3 or so years.

Will be interesting to see what else they have on show, umming and ahhing over a new Chromebook for some time.

Associate
From £669 at cpw and they have the exclusive Orange colour
Assuming that price is for the regular Pixel 4, the XL "ought" to be around the £799 mark, no? I guess all will be revealed in a few hours.....
I'll still wait until Google do their usual price drop around Black Friday/Thanksgiving (or any other event that warrants a price cut!) before ordering.

Back
Top Bottom