• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Ti Super ?

Soldato
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2080 Ti as a massive present for my little brother this Christmas, But getting it early for him, But was curious, As we've seen 2060/70/80 Super cards come out, Will there be a 2080 Ti Super ? I don't want to pull the trigger on a 2080 Ti only for a Super version to come out a few months later.

Any possibility ?

Soldato
The supers were to stave off competition from AMD from what I gather. Given there is no AMD competition for the 2080ti, there is no need for the Super.

In any case - the 2080ti Super actually already exists under the name Titan RTX and it's only 10% faster.

Soldato
OP
Everything that's been seen so far indicates a 'nope' on that, including nvidia flat out denying they had plans for one.

You're basically talking about a Titan RTX at that point anyway.

True, Apart from slightly faster memory there's no real wriggle room in the CUDA department between the Ti and Titan.

The supers were to stave off competition from AMD from what I gather. Given there is no AMD competition for the 2080ti, there is no need for the Super.

In any case - the 2080ti Super actually already exists under the name Titan RTX and it's only 10% faster.

True.

Man of Honour
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2080 Ti as a massive present for my little brother this Christmas, But getting it early for him, But was curious, As we've seen 2060/70/80 Super cards come out, Will there be a 2080 Ti Super ? I don't want to pull the trigger on a 2080 Ti only for a Super version to come out a few months later.

Any possibility ?

Zero unless NVidia are going to find a bigger chip for the Turing line up.

RTX Titan already has all the cores enabled on the TU102 chip (2080 Ti has some disabled). It also comes with 24gb of good quality Samsung memory that will overclock higher than most 2080 Ti cards.

Having said that comparing performance between a Titan and the 2080 Ti in like for like conditions gives about 8% difference, a bit like comparing a 2080 Super to a 2080 lol.

Soldato
OP

RTX Titan already has all the cores enabled on the TU102 chip (2080 Ti has some disabled). It also comes with 24gb of good quality Samsung memory that will overclock higher than most 2080 Ti cards.

Having said that comparing performance between a Titan and the 2080 Ti in like for like conditions gives about 8% difference, a bit like comparing a 2080 Super to a 2080 lol.

Gotcha, Appreciate your input bud :)

Soldato

Hey cape town, do you maybe have the game Trine 4? It's using over 10gb VRAM on my 2080ti and I'm keen to see if I had more VRAM would it use even more. My settings at 4k resolution and textures are set to "full resolution"

Soldato

As I said before I reckon kaap is a nvidia employee heheheh W.

Man of Honour
Hey cape town, do you maybe have the game Trine 4? It's using over 10gb VRAM on my 2080ti and I'm keen to see if I had more VRAM would it use even more. My settings at 4k resolution and textures are set to "full resolution"

Unfortunately I don't have the game.

From what I have seen with other games if I were to run Trine 4 it would have exactly the same usage as your 2080 Ti (over 10gb), it is only when you max out memory (11gb) that I would see an increase on the Titan and even then it would not make any difference to performance unless the game was grabbing 14gb or 15gb.

Soldato
Isn't 3080ti about to drop in couple of months.
Depends, they may start out with the usual rip off Titan and then the 3070/3080 with the 80Ti coming later. We'll need to see if they try milking with Super cards later but hopefully not if the 70 and 80 cards are already full fat to begin with.

Rumour says earlier next year rather than later, but if having a decent card already i wouldn't bother with the current cards, 3000 series should be decently better.

Back
Top Bottom