Facebook blocking question

I think there is a drop-down menu on your own profile where you can view it from the point of view of someone on your buddy list (you choose), or a friend of a friend or as a stranger. Then you'll temporarily see what they see until you close that session.

Associate
I have no idea, I just thought we were posting things that don't matter..

Lol my working is that Train A has a half an hour head start so at 6:55pm travelling at 80mph it will have a 40 mile lead. Therefore when Train B sets off at 6:55pm it travels 4mph faster than Train A, therefore it will take 10 hours for it to catch up to A. Which works out to 4:55am

Soldato
Just move on. People are weird on facebook.

I remember commenting on my cousins photo of him and his wife on holiday and then I noticed sometime later they had disappeared off my friends list, but they still had a profile picture in the messenger. So I think I got blocked.

I've noticed one of the main reasons you can find yourself blocked is if they have a new partner.

Associate
OP
Just move on. People are weird on facebook.

I remember commenting on my cousins photo of him and his wife on holiday and then I noticed sometime later they had disappeared off my friends list, but they still had a profile picture in the messenger. So I think I got blocked.

I've noticed one of the main reasons you can find yourself blocked is if they have a new partner.

She does have a new partner, which is why I don't understand the need to unblock me?
I thought I had her blocked on Facebook myself but only had her blocked on WhatsApp.

Everyone is right I should just move on, and I should and have tried; I didn't go seeking her profile and I just couldn't understand the need to unblock me if shes moved on herself.

Associate
OP
Time is a great healer

Which is what I've tried to do but 2 months on and I still think about her a lot. I'm not interested in getting back with her, we didn't work; I just dont understand her motive to be honest. I called it a day but the feeling felt kind of mutual and my reasons were because of how horrible she was being towards me.

She jumped straight into another relationship within weeks of us splitting up, after being together 4 years and blasted it all over facebook telling people how happy she is etc which I found quite hurtful and disrespectful to the time we spent together but in the same breath she owes me no explanation or thought.
Maybe I'm just pining for my own solace because for me I still loved her despite the fact we broke up and didnt work, I invested a lot of time in her and I've struggled to move on from her and even meet someone else because for me I'm still healing which I beleive is the right thing to do.

Just felt it a bit strange that her picture had changed when I passed her going through my messenger for someone else, cause if she's so happy with someone else then why snoop on me.

Caporegime
FB Purity. Then you wouldnt have needed to ask the question. Tells you every time you have logged in who has blocked you. I'm losing several FB "friends" a week atm since Brexit kicked off.,

Man of Honour
Which is what I've tried to do but 2 months on and I still think about her a lot. I'm not interested in getting back with her, we didn't work; I just dont understand her motive to be honest. I called it a day but the feeling felt kind of mutual and my reasons were because of how horrible she was being towards me.

She jumped straight into another relationship within weeks of us splitting up, after being together 4 years and blasted it all over facebook telling people how happy she is etc which I found quite hurtful and disrespectful to the time we spent together but in the same breath she owes me no explanation or thought.
Maybe I'm just pining for my own solace because for me I still loved her despite the fact we broke up and didnt work, I invested a lot of time in her and I've struggled to move on from her and even meet someone else because for me I'm still healing which I beleive is the right thing to do.

Just felt it a bit strange that her picture had changed when I passed her going through my messenger for someone else, cause if she's so happy with someone else then why snoop on me.

You're still making her a focus of your life. What good does that do you? What good does that do anyone else?

There are a few possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head:

1) The change of picture means nothing, just some aspect (intentional or not) of how Facebook works.
2) Facebook glitched and temporarily undid some of her blocking.
3) She unblocked you briefly by mistake, a simple misclick.
4) Someone with access to her account did it, by mistake or out of curiousity.
5) She unblocked you deliberately for a while to see how you're doing or out of curiousity or whatever.

And none of them matter. It would only matter if she started stalking you. There's no sign that she is.

Nothing good will come of this.

Soldato
She does have a new partner, which is why I don't understand the need to unblock me?
I thought I had her blocked on Facebook myself but only had her blocked on WhatsApp.

Everyone is right I should just move on, and I should and have tried; I didn't go seeking her profile and I just couldn't understand the need to unblock me if shes moved on herself.

I think everyone looks up ex's online, even if they fell out. I've looked up my ex's before.

It is interesting you found out that she might have unblocked you at one time. But thats all it is, a passing interest.

I used to go on IRC chat channels and over the many years I was on there I fell out with a few people, and every so often one would come in to the channel with a different nickname, but I could tell from their ip address it was the person I'd fallen out with. They would come in to the channel, not type anything, and after a few minutes leave. People are strange.

I'd try and put her out of your mind. The best way I've found to do that is to meet other girls, or go on a night out with friends. Distract your mind and eventually the urge to keep thinking about her will slowly go away.

Associate
OP
You're all right, I do need to move on. I've tried though. I've spent every weekend since going places and climbing mountains to distract my mind and I keep failing. I wish it was as easy to switch it off because I would.

You're right there is no point seeking an answer to this.

I want to share my life with the world but I want my privacy at the same time :rolleyes:

'tis scary who can catch up with you.. Technology is a grass.

What do you mean?

Can't type for toffee
Don
All of the advice in here is wrong, change settings, change block list :confused:
to hell with all of this

Your close friends and family have your numbers and email address yes?

Goto facebook settings click "Delete My Account" and be done with it.

/Thread

oh forget aye do her mate ;)

Soldato
You're all right, I do need to move on. I've tried though. I've spent every weekend since going places and climbing mountains to distract my mind and I keep failing. I wish it was as easy to switch it off because I would.

You're right there is no point seeking an answer to this.

I was thinking last night what a friend told me when I'd broke up with a girl I'd been in a relationship with for 5+ years.

He said "Why waste your time thinking about someone who doesn't give you a second thought?". It got me thinking and I came to the conclusion he was right.

Associate
OP
I was thinking last night what a friend told me when I'd broke up with a girl I'd been in a relationship with for 5+ years.

He said "Why waste your time thinking about someone who doesn't give you a second thought?". It got me thinking and I came to the conclusion he was right.

It's right, I know it is. I'm messing my own head up when I do it. This week has probably been the most difficult week for me despite being broken up since the beginning of August. I just feel pretty lost with myself.

Back
Top Bottom