My wife wins everytime..... i need a pc but it has to be small ..... and blend in

Associate
I have a gaming pc in the spare bedroom but i would rather play it in the living room.
Its full rgb and my wife doing the “that aint going in here “ thingy she has been doing for the last year.

So i need to build a small pc that can play @ 1440p .

£1500 budget .

it has to have an nvidia gpu as im having problems with amd drivers on my sons pc.

Can be ryzen cpu.

any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
It would probably be a good start to pick a case that she would deem acceptable to have in the living room.
As you have said you want something small it would be helpful to know how small? Matx ,ITX?

Associate
I think we all know that there's really only 1 choice worth looking at here

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £411.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

:p :p

but yeah in all seriousness. Have a look around and find a suitable looking case and then we can help you fill it :) I have an evolve shift X in my lounge and it looks good :)

Total: £156.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
I think we all know that there's really only 1 choice worth looking at here

Total: £411.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

:p :p

but yeah in all seriousness. Have a look around and find a suitable looking case and then we can help you fill it :) I have an evolve shift X in my lounge and it looks good :)

Total: £156.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Was thinking something like a silverstone sugo 08 mini - itx

I too scared to show her the boat haha

Associate
I have a gaming pc in the spare bedroom but i would rather play it in the living room.
Its full rgb and my wife doing the “that aint going in here “ thingy she has been doing for the last year.

So i need to build a small pc that can play @ 1440p .

£1500 budget .

it has to have an nvidia gpu as im having problems with amd drivers on my sons pc.

Can be ryzen cpu.

any ideas?
Thanks

Cheap alternative would be continue to use the Pc in the spare bedroom, but stream it downstairs via something like steam link or as others have said long HDMI cable or Display port cable from the spare bedroom to the living room.

Associate
Something like this?

Just add in a Sabrent Rocket M.2 SSD (Google it)

Total: £1,360.19 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Note: i have never built in or seen the case, i have followed the measurement restrictions given but cannot guarantee a perfect fit, Please double check the measurements yourself.

Associate
OP
Cheap alternative would be continue to use the Pc in the spare bedroom, but stream it downstairs via something like steam link or as others have said long HDMI cable or Display port cable from the spare bedroom to the living room.

I did this previously and said the cable looked messy .... the distance is about 40 meters

Soldato
yeee deffo ...what sort of gpu power can i expect to fit inti 1 of these?

Good question....their website states:

■ Positive air pressure design for excellent cooling/quietness and dust-prevention
■ Support expansion cards up to 12.2 inches (309mm)
■ Support ATX motherboards
■ Quick access filters included
■ Incredible 358mm depth to fit comfortably inside home theater cabinet
■ Drive cages with multi-purpose mounts eliminate need for adapters

Just make sure you get some high static pressure fans in there to aid the cooling. Should sort you out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom