Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Trouble is, I'm sure my son will want a copy too so everytime I think about buying an expensive game I tend to have to double the outlay.
Maybe I should charge him room and board....

Associate
Pre-ordered this last night. Can't wait!

Grudged paying £55 when the PC platform has been shafted by Rockstar in recent years with releases a year+ after their console counterparts, however, didn't want to cut my nose off to spite my face and think i'll definitely get my monies worth.

Associate
Pre-ordered this last night. Can't wait!

Grudged paying £55 when the PC platform has been shafted by Rockstar in recent years with releases a year+ after their console counterparts, however, didn't want to cut my nose off to spite my face and think i'll definitely get my monies worth.

cant bring myself to pre-order, not for £55 and not knowing how the game will run / how optimised it will be

will wait for performance reviews and ~£30 pricing i think

Soldato
Part of me wants this game because it was so hyped on console. Then I see the price and think "Well, I never played the first so whatever". It could turn out to be another Odyssey where I get nearly 200 hours out of it and on that face, it would be amazing value. But I'm just not sold on it, I'll wait for the release and reviews after that point

Caporegime
It's really not. It is much slower and much more simulationist. And also much better.
Life in the Wild West was very much slower than any modern metropolis, I still like my analogy:D

In what ways would you say it’s better?

I’ve watched a few hours of it and agree it’s slower paced, but it’s no bad thing , I’m yet to actually play RDR2 (can’t get along with console controllers) so really looking forward to it on the PC. :)

Soldato
Life in the Wild West was very much slower than any modern metropolis, I still like my analogy:D

In what ways would you say it’s better?

I’ve watched a few hours of it and agree it’s slower paced, but it’s no bad thing , I’m yet to actually play RDR2 (can’t get along with console controllers) so really looking forward to it on the PC.

It is more immersive, more atmospheric, has higher quality narrative and characters.
I like GTA5 a lot, but RDR2 is one of the three best games I've ever played (with Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come).

Associate
Will be available on Epic at launch and a Steam in December. Both will likely launch the Rockstar Launcher anyway.

Ok cool, will get off Epic :). Not sure if the game with have multiplayer, if so I won't be trying it after the complete mess Rockstar made with GTAV online, cheaters, cheaters cheaters. I always said GTAV was the best single player game I have played on PC next to Witcher 3, but the worst online experience I have ever played. So will be buying for only single player RDR2.

Associate
Minimum system requirements on this are ridiculous. I really hope people aren’t spending £55 thinking they’re gonna be able to play this well on the minimum system.

What do you propose they should be, considering the game runs surprisingly well on aging console hardware?

Associate
Just checked minimum specs actually, they are really low so 9/10 will be able to run this. Just worrying its Rockstar, they are a joke for stopping people cheating, thats if this even has online.

Man of Honour
Minimum system requirements on this are ridiculous. I really hope people aren’t spending £55 thinking they’re gonna be able to play this well on the minimum system.

Whats so bad about the min specs, I mean its quite a lot of diskspace but the rest of the min specs seem pretty run of the mill to me.

Back
Top Bottom