• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I don't care for benchmarks, they're meaningless in more ways than not to be honest, I've never once thought 'if only my iPhone had more RAM'. Honestly, never.

Soldato
How quickly can you launch the camera app from a locked state now? Seem to remember something being mentioned at launch that it’s now faster to take pictures than before but unsure of the details.
Probably not being very clear.. basically is there a shortcut ie double press volume down to launch camera app without unlocking?

Soldato
I've never once thought 'if only my iPhone had more RAM'. Honestly, never.
Have you never had an app reload? I like my iPad Pro don’t get me wrong but there have certainly been some instances where apps have reloaded due to running out of ram (usually when using Procreate with other apps) Doesn’t stop me liking the device but more ram would always be nice...

Soldato
How quickly can you launch the camera app from a locked state now? Seem to remember something being mentioned at launch that it’s now faster to take pictures than before but unsure of the details.
Probably not being very clear.. basically is there a shortcut ie double press volume down to launch camera app without unlocking?

Tap the phone and look at it (it unlocks) swipe left - its pretty quick

From locked there is a camera button lower right you tap and hold for a second

Soldato
Yeah you've been able to swipe to the camera for years now
Yeah but that's sort of been one of the things holding me off an iPhone - with my existing phone I can basically spot something I want to shoot, reach into my pocket and have the camera app ready to go by the time I've raised the phone to my eyes. It does seem like the process isn't quite as slick with the iPhone

Soldato
Yeah but that's sort of been one of the things holding me off an iPhone - with my existing phone I can basically spot something I want to shoot, reach into my pocket and have the camera app ready to go by the time I've raised the phone to my eyes. It does seem like the process isn't quite as slick with the iPhone
I haven’t used any androids to compare it to really so I’ve always thought it was fairly fast.
My friends phone has a dedicated camera button which you can tap from anywhere which would be beneficial to some

Soldato

I found the complete opposite on Android, no matter the brand, sometimes (not always) it wouldn't load the camera app in time or it would stutter loading the camera, it was inconsistent.....I made the move to iPhone and never looked back it's brutally fast and never stutters, loads as fast everytime no matter what the phones doing, playing music, using it for directions, etc etc.

I am a pro tog for a living so perhaps ask more of it than most but this stuff was mostly to take pics of family or the dog doing something funny that I only had a second to capture in time.

Nothings faster or more consistent than an iPhone loading the camera in my experience of phone cams.

Soldato
I found the complete opposite on Android, no matter the brand, sometimes (not always) it wouldn't load the camera app in time or it would stutter loading the camera, it was inconsistent.....I made the move to iPhone and never looked back it's brutally fast and never stutters, loads as fast everytime no matter what the phones doing, playing music, using it for directions, etc etc.

I am a pro tog for a living so perhaps ask more of it than most but this stuff was mostly to take pics of family or the dog doing something funny that I only had a second to capture in time.

Nothings faster or more consistent than an iPhone loading the camera in my experience of phone cams.
Ok that's interesting to know. Will see if I can try one out for myself.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

one of the best things about the pro max is the speakers.

screen is a bit meh, ipad pro 11 screen is better imho.

According to DXOmark, the speakers are worse than the XS Max?

Also how can the screen be meh? Its their best ever screen that has won awards apparently.. Though ofc the ipad screen with its 120hz display is always going to feel nicer and smoother

Soldato
According to DXOmark, the speakers are worse than the XS Max?

Also how can the screen be meh? Its their best ever screen that has won awards apparently.. Though ofc the ipad screen with its 120hz display is always going to feel nicer and smoother

coming from an 8 plus the speakers are a big upgrade.

oled screen is sharp as a pin but has motion problems, obviously seen when vertically scrolling through this very forum - the text ghosts. it also has a yellow tint when sat side by side to the ipad pro.

the ipad pro does not eliminate the ghosting completely however it is significantly less.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

coming from an 8 plus the speakers are a big upgrade.

oled screen is sharp as a pin but has motion problems, obviously seen when vertically scrolling through this very forum - the text ghosts. it also has a yellow tint when sat side by side to the ipad pro.

the ipad pro does not eliminate the ghosting completely however it is significantly less.

Oh fair enough yeah, 8 plus to 11 pro max is a huge upgrade in fairness. The scrolling will always look extra terrible when you have it next to the ipads display though tbf, they're just leagues apart

Back
Top Bottom