Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Life in the Wild West was very much slower than any modern metropolis, I still like my analogy:D

In what ways would you say it’s better?

I’ve watched a few hours of it and agree it’s slower paced, but it’s no bad thing , I’m yet to actually play RDR2 (can’t get along with console controllers) so really looking forward to it on the PC. :)

It's not only the story and characters but also an incredible amount of detail and liveliness to the world. There's so much stuff happening around and it can be missed if you don't explore, for example there are places I visited a dozen times and sometimes things happened there that I hadn't seen before. It's genuinely impossible to enlist all those details like if you injure a shop clerk he will be in bandages next time or the shop will be closed for a few days if you kill him, or people in a saloon reacting to a thunderstorm outside or commenting on your clothes/hygiene. This is more of a gimmick but you can actually greet everyone in the world, antagonise them etc. and people react to you. The animals look and behave amazing and the world doesn't feel like a mere backdrop. There's an entire ecosystem of around 200 species that you can hunt and study. There are loads of interactions/optional conversations in the camp that reveal additional story elements and numerous interesting places/random encounters on the map.

A lot of immersiveness as well, collecting plants, hunting, camping cooking, cleaning weapons, minor things like changing clothes according to the temperature etc. Not everyone will like this stuff but I loved it. It's the most convincing world I've seen in a videogame.

On top if that, it has probably the best graphics ever as well, the lighting and weather are just bonkers. Can't wait to see it maxed on PC.

Associate
First game in a long time I've paid full price on but I was gutted when it only came out on console initially. Almost bought a console just to play it so £55 is quite the saving! (That's how I'm going to look at it anyways :D)

Soldato
I've played and completed this on a PS4 Pro.

For those that are on the fence about buying it full price at launch, I highly reccomend you take the plunge.

It really is a fantastic game. The story is excellent and engaging, the missions and side-missions are awesome fun. It looked incredible on the PS4P and I have no doubt that this game on modern PC will look absolutly incredible.

Soldato
PQ8lTUI.gif

DW9oDgW.gif

Soldato
Just checked minimum specs actually, they are really low so 9/10 will be able to run this. Just worrying its Rockstar, they are a joke for stopping people cheating, thats if this even has online.
I had a go on the online but its just like GTA, it was a nightmare so never played online again. The single player game is very good though, i am getting tempted to get it for PC, I have the Ultimate version on Xbox but the temptation is strong to get it on PC.

Soldato
Like a few of you have said, only really interested in single player. I loved GTA V but gave up with the multiplayer very quickly. It didn't bother me though, I certainly felt I'd got my monies worth with the main game.

Man of Honour
I feel like the online community on PC is generally better than the online community on console, so I'm hoping that the PC online of RDR2 turns out to be a better experience than the console one

Associate
I feel like the online community on PC is generally better than the online community on console, so I'm hoping that the PC online of RDR2 turns out to be a better experience than the console one

Lol that made me laugh. PC online has always been full of cheaters because it is so easy to do. I only ever game online with consoles. Single player always on PC if the game is available. I used to run a few dayz servers with toejam from here and you would be shocked how many people from this very forum cheat :)

Associate
My curiosity was getting the better of me until I realised I need to install the launcher to check out the fetaures/pre-order/prices etc. Whilst I'm at work on my mac... doesn't help but has stopped me impulse buying it :)
Will have to wait until I get home.

Man of Honour
Lol that made me laugh. PC online has always been full of cheaters because it is so easy to do. I only ever game online with consoles. Single player always on PC if the game is available. I used to run a few dayz servers with toejam from here and you would be shocked how many people from this very forum cheat :)

We have different experiences of online gaming on the PC. I've experienced few online cheaters in all my years of online gaming in the various MMOs I've played, in Civ 6, in Ghost Recon, Path of Exile and so on. I suspect that a large portion of it comes down to the game being played, some games attract more of the sort of person who will cheat than others. Or maybe I've just been very lucky in rarely encountering cheaters, either way, as I say, Im an optimist so I'd rather be hopeful than straight off the bat negative until I encounter otherwise :)

Back
Top Bottom