UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifiers and International Friendlies ** spoilers ** [9th - 15th October 2019]

Caporegime
How many England "fans" arrest in Prague causing trouble? These fans are scum and are guaranteed to be Brexiters. Its just a fact not an argument.

Absolute nonsense, if you want to generalise, its an English thing.

Yet remainers are the ones campaigning not to allow us to have the ability to refuse undesirable people like racists automatic entry to live in the UK under free movement.

Equally silly take

Caporegime
Rubbish, you can almost guarantee dodgy English fans are Brexiters. Not sure why people protest so much.

Plenty of people from Wales, Scotland and NI (although a significant minority for the later two) voted for Brexit. They don't cause havoc when they go away.

And

And

Associate
Re: Bulgaria

After the game their goalkeeper said the Bulgaria fans behaved well and England players overreactted, so how about UEFA show some balls and kick Bulgaria out of the competition. Set a precedent rather than draw fictional lines in the sand which get moved each time they're crossed. Same goes for any other nation whose fans do it.

I appreciate it may be a minority involved but that is no excuse and it needs the majority who do not indulge in such behaviour to also stand up and help stop these idiots.

Soldato
Re: Bulgaria

After the game their goalkeeper said the Bulgaria fans behaved well and England players overreactted, so how about UEFA show some balls and kick Bulgaria out of the competition. Set a precedent rather than draw fictional lines in the sand which get moved each time they're crossed. Same goes for any other nation whose fans do it.

I appreciate it may be a minority involved but that is no excuse and it needs the majority who do not indulge in such behaviour to also stand up and help stop these idiots.
The fact that some of the bulgarian members of the team says nothing happened tells a different story....

Caporegime
They won't be banned from this or future competitions because the football authorities don't have the balls to do what's needed to truly try and tackle the issue.

Instead we'll get a few more adverts with players saying "No to racism", yeah, that'll do the job.

Scumbags like the Bulgaria players and manager are basically condoning it by saying the fans did nothing wrong, or they didn't hear anything which is obviously BS. Way to go to set an example, flithy animals.

Caporegime
Well it seems like the Bulgarian manager is now backtracking for his earlier “I didn’t hear any racist abuse” to now “I would like to apologise for the racist abuse thrown at the England players”.
Guess the scumbag is worried for his job as the President of the Bulgarian FA has been sacked.

Caporegime
I would like to say very clearly: since there were cases of racial discrimination in Sofia, I would like to sincerely apologize to the English footballers and to all those who felt offended.

At the same time, however, I would like to address everyone who uses hateful language on social media, that my words have been incorrectly removed from context - and if that does not stop, I will be forced to take legal action against it.
Sounds like a backtrack and a gentle **** you at the same time.

Man of Honour
Don't know if I was reading too much into it but I thought some of the commentary was a bit over the top, they were basically tarring all the Bulgarian fans with the same brush with some of the phraseology being used. The equivalent of saying "England fans are a disgrace" if there is a section of them involved with violence, without labelling them as a minority or whatever. It was like Tyldesley was in full-on soapbox mode and was more interested in pontificating than anything - fine to discuss it as the main talking point, but it was a bit partisan.

Soldato
Don't know if I was reading too much into it but I thought some of the commentary was a bit over the top, they were basically tarring all the Bulgarian fans with the same brush with some of the phraseology being used. The equivalent of saying "England fans are a disgrace" if there is a section of them involved with violence, without labelling them as a minority or whatever. It was like Tyldesley was in full-on soapbox mode and was more interested in pontificating than anything - fine to discuss it as the main talking point, but it was a bit partisan.
Dont forget it wasnt long ago when arsenal played a game in that exact stadium and there was no racist chants etc that time!!!

Caporegime
Bulgaria have been ordered to play two matches behind closed doors - one suspended for two years - for their fans' racist abuse of England players in a Euro 2020 qualifier.

England's 6-0 win in Sofia was stopped twice and could have been abandoned, but the visitors chose to play on.

The hosts already had a partial stadium closure for that match on October 15 because of previous racist behaviour.

Bulgaria have also been fined 75,000 euros (£65,000) by Uefa.
Wow what a harsh punishment. Nicklas Bendtner got fined more money for wearing PaddyPower boxers :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom