The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
I know its "normal" to see a married couple do some on-screen relationship stuff with their acting partner as it is mostly one off or couple sequels or TV show but it's weird seeing it in WWE when people know they are married/relationship and it sort of ends in disaster.
What are people thoughts on the whole Lana &Lashley thing when we know Lana is legitimately married to Rusev? The whole Rusev is the dad of Maria "baby" is stupid too aswell really.

Caporegime
And last nights main event at hell in a cell, had the crowd chanting "Bull****", restart the match, AEW" and the boos continued long after the show ended. The crowd were legitimately ******.

Soldato
They totally booked themselves into a corner by putting the Fiend into the title picture this early in his run in the first place, there was plenty of milage in booking him against a few other competitors before getting a title match maybe at Mania. Instead they put him in the title match where clearly they didn't want him to win and contrived the most ham fisted match possible which made everyone look bad!

The very nature of that characters mystique it's really going to need careful booking and protecting, you just knew eventually WWE would balls it up.

Caporegime
They totally booked themselves into a corner by putting the Fiend into the title picture this early in his run in the first place, there was plenty of milage in booking him against a few other competitors before getting a title match maybe at Mania. Instead they put him in the title match where clearly they didn't want him to win and contrived the most ham fisted match possible which made everyone look bad!

The very nature of that characters mystique it's really going to need careful booking and protecting, you just knew eventually WWE would balls it up.

And another issue is this, they basically made him look unbeatable, he took over a dozen finishers, chair shots, etc etc and it took a referee stoppage to end the match. So how will this pan out down the line? Will they do their usual stunt and pretend anyone watching has a 5 minute memory and beat him like a normal opponent?

Did a similar thing with Kane, in his match with undertaker years back it took 3 tombstones to beat him, then the character got neutered to 1 finisher status.

Associate
I know NXT is still WWE but its far removed from the tripe on Raw and Smackdown, its properly gutting imo to see how many of the best wrestlers in the world are going to waste on the main roster. I hope nobody from NXT moves to the main roster ever again because they just get fed to the same old guys. The only interesting thing happening on Raw and SD is The Fiend and they are somehow finding a way to ruin that.

Soldato
Another meaningless title run for Charlotte, it seems WWE want to have her break her Dad's dubious record of 16 world title wins and it doesn't matter how she gets there.

Since 2018 she's won the SD title 3 times and held it for 28, 1 and 4 days consecutively.

Associate
I mean Finn Balor gone back to NXT and few other main roster that silently went to NXT aswell, getting better runs there than they had on Raw and Smackdown.
Sad really they are letting Charlotte win that many titles, i'm sure shes a good "wrestler" but she had more titles than Trish Stratus, Lita and Mickie James in the WWE, probably setting up for her to return back to Raw to compete with Becky lynch and maybe Alexa bliss going back to Smackdown to compete for Smackdown title with the "draft".
But the whole superstar shakedown thing, don't see the point in promoting the draft at all

Associate
Yeah they really are trying to beat ol' Naitch's record with her lol. She is a really great wrestler and as one of the taller athletes I really think she fairs well but the title runs just feel empty and like you pointed out, they pretty much are. I genuinely think Charlotte is a better wrestler than the 3 you mentioned even though I personally preferred Lita. I'm in favour of main roster guys going back down/across to NXT but ones that need it or have been buried on the main roster. I think Balor at this point belongs on the main roster and they just need to actually use him. I think they will probably do the same with Cesaro tbh.

Associate
Yeah they really are trying to beat ol' Naitch's record with her lol. She is a really great wrestler and as one of the taller athletes I really think she fairs well but the title runs just feel empty and like you pointed out, they pretty much are. I genuinely think Charlotte is a better wrestler than the 3 you mentioned even though I personally preferred Lita. I'm in favour of main roster guys going back down/across to NXT but ones that need it or have been buried on the main roster. I think Balor at this point belongs on the main roster and they just need to actually use him. I think they will probably do the same with Cesaro tbh.
No question Charlotte is definitely better wrestler than the 90s to early 2000 era female westlers but it is getting out of hand she just gets it while others don't have at least one or three opportunity.
Cesaro needs to win one world title at least, even Sheamus had a run at least once and the miz..so Cesaro should definitely get one.

Soldato
Yeah they really are trying to beat ol' Naitch's record with her lol. She is a really great wrestler and as one of the taller athletes I really think she fairs well but the title runs just feel empty and like you pointed out, they pretty much are. I genuinely think Charlotte is a better wrestler than the 3 you mentioned even though I personally preferred Lita.
There's nothing wrong with her beating her Dad's record but how do you make worthwhile as she has to keep winning and losing the title over and over especially when consider Charlotte is also 33.

Associate
I don't think there is anything wrong with her beating her dads record but it doesn't feel organic to me. Yeah I agree Cesaro needs to be World champ at some point but WWE don't care becuase to them he is disposable, he's being jobbed out to that Mansoor guy who pops up every time there is a Saudi show. I'm loving how AEW is booking everyone so far tbh but I'll call them out as soon as they start doing stupid stuff. I deffo think it was the right decision for the Young Bucks to go out first round of the tag tourney too.

Back
Top Bottom