2019 NFL Season Thread

Associate
@BlueMerle what's the deal in the NFL with regsrds tickets and getting them for games?

Wanted to see a live game in the US for years and my son has decided he's a Texans fan (scum) so thinking of spending time over there next October and try and get a Texans and a cowboys game.

Is it hard to get tickets? When do they come out?

Early days but thinking of some ideas.

I can only speak for getting tickets while here in the US. I don't think it will be a problem, depending on the specific game, if you purchase early... perhaps very early.

Generally speaking, tickets go on sale before the first pre-season game. This would be the time to buy imo. They should be easy to come by at that time.

FYI, depending on the schedule, the Cowboys may only play the Texans during the pre-season... They may not play during the regular season... so pay attention and plan accordingly.

At the end of the day, if you plan early and purchase early, you should be able to get tickets to any game you wish.

All the best, if I can help feel free to PM me.

ETA: don't forget to account for the cost of parking, it can be very high depending on how close to the stadium you want to park. Or, the cost of a taxi/Uber to the stadium, they jack up the prices on game day.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I can only speak for getting tickets while here in the US. I don't think it will be a problem, depending on the specific game, if you purchase early... perhaps very early.

Generally speaking, tickets go on sale before the first pre-season game. This would be the time to buy imo. They should be easy to come by at that time.

FYI, depending on the schedule, the Cowboys may only play the Texans during the pre-season... They may not play during the regular season... so pay attention and plan accordingly.

At the end of the day, if you plan early and purchase early, you should be able to get tickets to any game you wish.

All the best, if I can help feel free to PM me.

ETA: don't forget to account for the cost of parking, it can be very high depending on how close to the stadium you want to park. Or, the cost of a taxi/Uber to the stadium, they jack up the prices on game day.

Cheers :)

Wasn't thinking Texans v Cowboys I meant hope the scheduling god's are kind and one weekend see Texans, stay in Houston for a bit, go to Dallas and the next weekend see a Cowboys game before flying home.

Thats the outline of the plan anyway for now.

Generally what are you talking ticket prices cost for decent (I know decent is hard to define exactly) seats?

Soldato
Peters traded from Rams to Ravens :eek:

No details on the deal yet but is this the Rams calling off the season and hoping to get a chance to retool and go again next season?

with the deals they made to get peters, talib, weddle , Matthews etc they were "win now" deals and they've found out the season it isn't gonna happen so need to clear the wages as well as get younger players in.

also doesn't help the defence has been so poor this season, our secondary on paper was up there with the best but its been woeful, which I don't put all down to the players a large part of it I put at the feet of the play caller.

Soldato

Wasn't thinking Texans v Cowboys I meant hope the scheduling god's are kind and one weekend see Texans, stay in Houston for a bit, go to Dallas and the next weekend see a Cowboys game before flying home.

Generally what are you talking ticket prices cost for decent (I know decent is hard to define exactly) seats?

I did similar... and also squashed in F1 qualifying in Austin, an Oklahoma v OSU game and a high school game in Allen, TX too :) It was a great 10 days! (I highly recommend taking in a college game if you can. Even if you know nothing of it, the atmosphere is amazing)

4Goj9bOh.jpg

GYn8aXih.jpg

51MZYgCh.jpg

Expect to pay somewhere in the region of £100-£200 per ticket, depending on where you find seats. It's generally not hard to buy, I forget the sites I've used in the past, but I think people like stubhub or ticketmaster are fine. Just Google for the tickets and use a reputable site you've heard of before. From recollection, parking at both stadiums was quite easy and not too expensive, but it was about 7 years ago, so I don't remember too well now.

Soldato
oh for heavens sake just come across the details for the ramsey trade:

two first-round picks (2020 and 2021) and a fourth-round selection (2021).

must be trying to prove that fisher wasn't the only issue at the club.

Associate

I second everything @AndyCr15 said just upstream! Stubhub or Ticketmaster are the way to go imo.

Especially the bit about catching F1 in Austin. Easy drive from Houston to Austin and then to Arlington... or very short flights.

You'd have a blast at a Longhorns game while in Austin! The scene is amazing and the tailgating is off the hook!

Let me know when you're in town (Arlington) and we'll meet up and kill a few pints. :D

Associate
I did similar... and also squashed in F1 qualifying in Austin, an Oklahoma v OSU game and a high school game in Allen, TX too :) It was a great 10 days! (I highly recommend taking in a college game if you can. Even if you know nothing of it, the atmosphere is amazing)

Do you have friends in Allen or did you go just because of the stadium?

Soldato
If I remember correctly we'd just been out to the Southfork Ranch (we were literally there as Larry Hagman died!) and we were driving back towards Dallas and we passed a stadium all lit up. We went to have a look and the lady on the car park explained about this $60m stadium (I think it was that much) with under ground practice facility etc. We paid our $5 and went in to see Allen play someone (West Wolves?) in a playoff game.

f5EoHLNZTJpd-EktRKnHqVZKzulBAwiqGtLPfxqJBPLlG8sq-uXbO1VlDqdpf3YUoOA1ZV8ncjA1gtpgZhXwrBx_lFPVgew4Ll_xY5iH_x20k4-hkmSWhd8DJgkJNuTSs8XebuE9G_PX_TqgjVoyD6xIOY1VIefPXv5Zbg-DszzgZz-fb1xX0cJje2deXLdvQCuoFCB3EZ5uSN9VuiYzu5kZwTT-oK8XL5tTi35ux4ViMG786zoTkfXnFY9zBRr9Qta_MTYEVs4qck5G3qbRtk-YMFfroKywwrfJIJAFCzHOCe62pEa4tP-rg3UA_vom_dofxi68GiBKkO4w6VCIsIQvsdpS4NpsAnFxCPIxiKihreEmx0bP-uoPnjSKFjoF8Jg5o6BS_mp9TPz8VHANotbSyI23fPCRYYed8PsPVxzB_-1pluHAZuc1zaIlEnmrrUtzfYSHVaZW83CkmxHT8bWH05Aer9RXbb9bZxJ33GyMMDnEitB8N_9MEtz03vMwZQsmo17KObyk021FZQQSbd1CDp03PrhjByYdmjfcvZWVENvZbas3DYcTb_puU1Wb2TY4Jln2WcwWNEaZMMer9nQea_VNLbAEPlJijG8Er3zHcI4XGMLkRgyj9ynnpXpHPEbIPbWIfPqF_jRmFWZjIgPOqr__zRJRQI1FNB57RCyY4ktkgqsjJaT0=w1879-h1253-no

9ij4_BoRPYA6pWGPOX2atIs85IJpME6yF683vyQLHivPGcvF-Zq6CbDa-q24iYQnsg5jxarDGQAphxgr855iyEVjJVkNRXfZKB7T_9tZN1n9J5Du3gflO0N51Wh0QeKzHfSgcOcLbL1gIW3RR2QYbOvSgLKesp1ztUd8OKfUnxyNGm1P8k2vHtM7bJxoKr_FGKI5aQMlmy_6h4DDuhBFEpB4PDSO11jAQjH5ot-qNDN1nSQxuFDCCxfMNd-Yk3cNvI2SEiUQ8T5TWoNEt4lRdb_ZwE99gqvBSvMM_il6LtCNK8mU3seDYOZpqina0JLOz7VpErjFf6VFnro9rrLUCWdIeuV6zXyC4Aszjeqm33ZXnzX87aMs6hK-EzaWq1mZlaWgS7Ol2ZSyEZtNFvFYK093hMxzU6wxGygzELI7myWvQxaZDNdf3RuAUxfX2SLuR6RLd2ERcCriUcYz86rxNXTEZvk6VLEMy0YTGeNyHGGQtT4TuRhnvmVJEiXWNHZlg1XQlg2ZtzvkvW9pXzRSY-PBGbe52UdxqRmEI0IFOIkYghYeditqmp7UWYcRleXoKb_s4wvjcZMXRaEYTCGsgq60_qeYD4ehQd89WAOZiAHnWeWTSwJR-l9r6vjuLDhacBoDaiOHMieoJLNA6w2KTONahsyQR2aYCApNzwH19jQGfWLQMkPMw7t_=w1879-h1253-no

HP6d6XjXLFYz26_Ls-yPKg2ltTyEMlxTcGAFX_G38THK5TPfAomo49dB8oehLEmeSoZ-sI4AblKWDDUkpTUpnArBe7EHy0VCKh0QA6cXwAru9oPAOgYjPU0gWD3kWA1hw3Sj93IYCn1ECku4Q38ZbKQyq6MTqwx2Irc0ZTp1zLi4tzPjV7NmI4xiI9zmBCoAwQOdXaeYX1fT_VcIpZ0oNX-dw5cznQFgGD2TRtHyFR-4PSa4uyUw0_kXwna81cNbrUl8gBFykfi6dVhOmZPyCaHBxlhktu43tY0sLrw48EahE0vxrfokWKu4gFHWFvGzGyYySpDYAhpXR9NNU3w9rWqVWkfMR2DBI7dhuALLHUvoFZI8glKLqjspk6x6A_9gDcMtKMRajnfhn5MlMd1ViwKyRIhp-DjFTgmfCcFsWsrfafstU7MYN7bSEInjzt880O_qjHKlJSOEhJUlf2K7adZ3qftn9O94SN_7rdtu42qJE-ItJjNHVtMDEMOb9OZmQ5E7xVA9YRu3raIdjB7w65G-ZSBv9n0nCHdRvdNKqgRVWZ8Uf14HQf2GvotAB1BkatC2jp-ylIGqZspn-nLmI9LftyaqV0Eu_YSg8qivYE5ha3yqfVPVut2x5Pgt2CRGZgvomltgAa7e_tx-loig-R_NlnaCx0AxjQ_xK36Qm3F9hyInMkc2PJML=w1879-h1253-no

Back
Top Bottom