What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
It was really pretty too. They did a good job with the graphics. I just never had the time to do it justice.

Yeah, in some places the lighting really helps it look visually great. Espcially indoors with light shafts coming from outside. In places it can look like a high-budget modern release.

I gotta say, though, on the other hand outdoors in daylight a lot of the textures, particulalry for buildings, look dated and flat. I have been wanting to try modding the textures and outdoor lighting a bit, but most of the ENB and mods I found by Googling have instructions for when the game was installed as a Skyrim mod so I cba to work out what to do with the files now it's a standalone game.

Also been doing my typical TES routine of totally ignoring the main quest in favour of chasing down map markers and side quests. I've seen people criticise the main story a bit, but even after 25 hours of gametime I'm like "um... something about dreams and fever? Wasn't I supposed to go and see someone about that? Oooh, another unexplored dungeon/town/ruin/farm over there... and another side quest!"

Associate
team fight tactics, its free to play with the league of legends client. I recommend everyone to try it, you dont need any LoL experience to play its kind of like poker. One of the best RTS games for a long time imo

Soldato
I started Tales of Berseria that someone on here kindly gave me and it's starting to suck me in. I wasn't sure at first as the combat was a bit daunting and I ended up just button mashing, but after reading a couple of combat guides it's starting to make sense.

The story is interesting so far and I love the art style, music and characters. Despite the demons, it's actually quite a relaxing game to play so far. I am enjoying exploring the cool looking world.

Edit: It was @Digital X that gave me the game, thanks again mate, really enjoying it, even if it did take me a year to get around to playing it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just BL2 at the moment.
I'll probably bail on PC gaming next year, very few games really interest me these days and more things/companies/gamers bug me now. Gaming has come to an end for me so time to close that chapter off :(

Caporegime
Just BL2 at the moment.
I'll probably bail on PC gaming next year, very few games really interest me these days and more things/companies/gamers bug me now. Gaming has come to an end for me so time to close that chapter off :(

Get a console. It might perk you up a bit. Change of hardware/games/etc.

Soldato
Greatly enjoying Mutant: Zero Dawn.

Good story with quirky, entertaining characters. Turn based combat is tough since you’re outnumbered and greatly out gunned, so dashing in guns blazing is suicidal.

Stealthy avoidance or picking off isolated enemies is the order of the day.

Soldato
I haven't played any games since about May or June and I really miss it.

If I get more time to myself this autumn I want to get back into Assetto Corsa again. I'll probably need L-plates though. :(

Associate
Insurgency Sandstorm still doing it for me. Only shooter that has given me the "whoa!" moments that BF3 used to give even though they are very different games.
Didn't know you were on here mate :D still banging the drum about insurgency are you? Might have to give it a go when I finish Witcher 3. What a game by the way! Not sure how I avoided it all these years

Associate
Laying Vampyr and whilst I like the mood and setting, why oh why is the combat so crap? So many action RPGs have rubbish combat - which is usually a hefty component - and here there's no real moveset to speak of and the (limited) actions you can perform (2 skills out of the 10 or so you have?!) make it all rather one-note.

I'm only a short way in but I don't see it getting any better. Such a shame.

Back
Top Bottom