• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
X470 Gaming 7 + F42b ABBA bios + 3900X + Noctua ND-D15S = me being very happy!

UAKAP0S.png

Seeing a very nice 4.2Ghz all core in CB R15 and Blender along with 4.3-4.35Ghz in games (multi core load).

Everything left stock in the bios bar XMP. :)

Soldato
It is bizarre that there is over £100 difference between the UK and Europe. It can't just be the exchange rate as that''s still the difference after importing it.
Nope, and other countries have similar VAT rates also. Just normal price increase because is a good product.

Don't you remember the 7700K or the 8700K sold for £800?

Soldato
I gave the thread a search but all the idle talk is about temps or voltages. I don't suppose anyone has measured their system power draw at idle?

Bouncing between 93 - 98 watts whilst reading the forum.

Thats with 3 ssd's, 1 Nvme, 6 120mm fans 1 200mm fan, D5 pump, bluray RW and last but not least a Amd VII

Associate
I've got a bit of a problem I can't get my ram to it's 3600 rating even when I am using A-XMP I have a MSI MPG X570 Edge Wifi mobo and am using

Patriot Memory Viper Steel Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600MHz

It seemed to work for a while then hardware crashed and now I can't get it post even at 3600, it just defaults to 2133, am I doing something wrong? i'm new to Ryzen any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've got a bit of a problem I can't get my ram to it's 3600 rating even when I am using A-XMP I have a MSI MPG X570 Edge Wifi mobo and am using

It seemed to work for a while then hardware crashed and now I can't get it post even at 3600, it just defaults to 2133, am I doing something wrong? i'm new to Ryzen any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Run memtest on each stick individually, likely one is throwing out errors at xmp settings. That is what happened to me.

Associate
try putting the xmp values in manually and bumping the voltage slightly. make sure they are in the correct slots as well.

Thanks tried that it still won't post

Run memtest on each stick individually, likely one is throwing out errors at xmp settings. That is what happened to me.

Thanks i'll do that, although upon reading some of the reviews of the ram a few people seem to have had the same problem with this ram so I have ordered a set of CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB, hopefully they should work.

Soldato

Thanks
Please try this in order to check memory voltage is being applied correctly: don't enable XMP, then can you change the RAM voltage manually to 1.35V before doing anything else, apply it and save changes and reboot. Go into the BIOS and check that the memory voltage shown in the top right corner is 1.3x V. If this has successfully applied you can try enabling XMP. I am having a strange issue with my MSI X570 ACE where RAM voltage is not applying and is stuck at 1.2V no matter what I set it to and so 3600MHZ XMP is not POSTing. I just want to check whether you have the same problem.

Soldato
Please try this in order to check memory voltage is being applied correctly: don't enable XMP, then can you change the RAM voltage manually to 1.35V before doing anything else, apply it and save changes and reboot. Go into the BIOS and check that the memory voltage shown in the top right corner is 1.3x V. If this has successfully applied you can try enabling XMP. I am having a strange issue with my MSI X570 ACE where RAM voltage is not applying and is stuck at 1.2V no matter what I set it to and so 3600MHZ XMP is not POSTing. I just want to check whether you have the same problem.
This seems to be a recurring problem with some MSI boards. I had the same problem on a B450 Tomahawk, though it seems to be fixed with the latest bios.

Associate

I will try this tonight when I get hime

Soldato
This seems to be a recurring problem with some MSI boards. I had the same problem on a B450 Tomahawk, though it seems to be fixed with the latest bios.
Interesting, I might wait for the next BIOS update then as I was thinking I would have to RMA. Thanks for letting me know.

Associate
Just got the chip, some cores hit 4.65GHz, but when leaving the chip on auto, the all core clock won't go passed 4.05Ghz which is odd as I can run a stable 4.4/4.2GHz (CCD0/CCD1) with the chip running at 1.250V.

Edit: Running ABBA btw on a X570 Taichi.

Back
Top Bottom