The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Man of Honour
I'm the same, looks like a decent single player adventure and I effectively get it for free on the MS gamepass anyway so nothing to lose.

Soldato
Not long until the release of this. It's the only game I've been looking forward to lately, so fingers crossed it's good.

Soldato
Yep Gamepass for PC seems a very good deal atm, I just paid £1 for the first month and it's £3.99 after that, though of course it'll go up eventually. The only downside so far is the very slow download speeds I've been getting compared to all the other launchers.

I am looking forward to this one.

Man of Honour
Having watched some videos I seem some stuff I like, particularly the aesthetics and some stuff I don't. But I get it for nothing, technically, on the Gamepass anyway so I'll still give it a spin. At least until RDR2 arrives :D

Soldato
Yeah tbh I'm struggling to see why there is so much excitement for this. I've got gamepass so may as well give it a try anyway and hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Soldato
To be honest, main reason I got the 3 month game pass initially for £3.99. Looks fun to me, but even if I don’t like it, no big loss I suppose with gears 5 and banner saga of games.

I believe we should be able to preload it fully soon. Could see a preload button appear today, a bit was only a 10mb file to preload as a placeholder it seems.

Soldato
Personally, I'm hoping that the game captures some of the magic that Obsidian were able to inject into Fallout New Vegas. In specific, branching storylines, moral dilemmas and a world in which your actions play a critical role in the outcome of the story. Whether or not this will be the case, remains to be seen. But one thing is for certain, I wouldn't write the game off because of "poor graphics" or "clunky gameplay", because those elements are secondary to crafting an enjoyable and immersive world; at least from a story telling perspective. Which, for me personally, is of paramount importance to immersion.

Soldato
Looking forward to getting my key for this from an AMD promotion hopefully will be a steam key as i won't be keeping it on epic.

As far as I know, all keys from the AMD promotion are for the Epic store. The Steam release isn't until late next year.

Soldato
Yeah tbh I'm struggling to see why there is so much excitement for this. I've got gamepass so may as well give it a try anyway and hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

People have a lot of nostalgia for previous Obsidian titles, and the trailers looked quite attractive. This is giving people a lot of hope and optimism that Outer Worlds will be a good game, but nowadays it's best to be cautious until the reports from the early adopters are in.

Back
Top Bottom