**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Who's forcing you? Google is a cloud based company. This is a cloud based phone. If you don't like that... don't buy it... maybe even don't moan about it on forums, but that might be asking too much :)

Well nobody obviously but that reply rings of fanboyism rather than one of a neutral viewpoint. My point was that on a phone that costs this much why should something as fundamental as internal storage be a limiting factor, in addition Google are trying to increase the volume of sales of the Pixel and cloud storage options are simply not going to achieve that.

Also forums are public by nature, they are for open discussion debate, there are different viewpoints, should we only contribute to discussion if we all love what we see and have nothing critical to say?

Soldato
Well nobody obviously but that reply rings of fanboyism rather than one of a neutral viewpoint. My point was that on a phone that costs this much why should something as fundamental as internal storage be a limiting factor, in addition Google are trying to increase the volume of sales of the Pixel and cloud storage options are simply not going to achieve that.

I disagree. For me it wont be limiting. As I said, accept we all have or own use cases. I might be being pedantic, but people should stop making sweeping statements like it's limiting and should really be saying it's limiting for them, or to them it's useless. Yes, as I say, maybe I'm being pedantic, but it would be correct where is simply saying it's limiting isn't.

Also, as I just said, this is one of the cheapest amounts I've paid for what might be my daily for 2 or 3 years...

Also forums are public by nature, they are for open discussion debate, there are different viewpoints, should we only contribute to discussion if we all love what we see and have nothing critical to say?

However this is a tech forum and discussing perceived inadequacies in the hardware is just as relevant as high-fiving over how amazing someone else might think it is. I don't want the phone, but I still want to talk about it.

Agreed and I'm up for debate, like in these last few posts, but some people are posting with emotion for some reason. They actually seem upset and angry and are posting in such a state. I don't really get it tbh. They are also trying to state something as fact (see my above point) when it isn't.

Soldato
See that is what I don't get ? Surely the smart thing is to now unsubscribe to the thread as it's not something you want ?

I like tech. I'm interested in phones. I'm interested in the Pixel 4's camera and screen. I'm interested in why Google released what they did and why. Are you saying only positive comments should be permitted in a public discussion now?

Man of Honour
I don't have the phone, probably won't buy the phone, and yet I'm interested in the phone. Does that makes sense? Oh and I'm not upset its ugly, its just a shame in my view.

I like tech. I'm interested in phones. I'm interested in the Pixel 4's camera and screen. I'm interested in why Google released what they did and why. Are you saying only positive comments should be permitted in a public discussion now?

they say it every pixel thread every year. figured after 4 years they'd have learnt to expect positive and negative views by now.

They also seem to think that not wanting the pixel 4 doesn't mean they didn't want to want it. i wanted to want the pixel 3, but it was pants so i didn't buy and i commented on that. apparently not allowed here, on a tech forum, in a tech specific part of the forum dedicated to mobile tech, in a thread about the pixel 4. this is not the place to comment on the phone

Soldato
you know the pixel 5 is a year away right? ;)

Okay, the commas didn't help. Let me try this way... in the last 2 or 3 years, I've never paid this little for a phone that could be my daily.

I'm interested in why Google released what they did and why. Are you saying only positive comments should be permitted in a public discussion now?

No, but given Google themselves aren't going to come and explain it in this thread, people here are giving reasons... but the haters don't want to listen apparently.

you mean you think its ugly in your view ;)

Exactly it. Opinion stated as fact.

Soldato
they say it every pixel thread every year. figured after 4 years they'd have learnt to expect positive and negative views by now.

They also seem to think that not wanting the pixel 4 doesn't mean they didn't want to want it. i wanted to want the pixel 3, but it was pants so i didn't buy and i commented on that. apparently not allowed here, on a tech forum, in a tech specific part of the forum dedicated to mobile tech, in a thread about the pixel 4. this is not the place to comment on the phone

it's not that and you know it, look back at a couple of posters, over the last couple of pages. then do a search on them, one person... no names given has posted in this thread like 30 times, all negative, which is pretty much trolling now. as a grown man i don't get it. if you want to be constructive that's fine. but if you really hate it and don't want to get it why stick around to moan?

Back
Top Bottom