• No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lets see how it turns out. I won't be touching it anytime soon, I know that much. But it will be interesting to see how well it does over the next few years. Certainly will come in handy for a lot of people I would imagine.

Will be interesting to see the pricing model. From what I saw in that video you just buy games like Steam or you can subscribe for the pro which gives you some free games every now and then.

Rock and Troll must have jizzed himself watching that video :p

Associate
Rock and Troll

How original, did you use your whole IQ to come up with that!? :p

Frame this and put it on your desk:

old.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How original, did you use your whole IQ to come up with that!? :p

Frame this and put it on your desk:

old.jpg

Lol. It wasn’t me that came up with it, at least 3-4 others here have been using that :p

You know what is funny? In the end that image will be you yelling at the cloud as your games will be stuck there when you are unable to stream them! Hahahaha :D

Associate
Lol. It wasn’t me that came up with it, at least 3-4 others here have been using that :p

You know what is funny? In the end that image will be you yelling at the cloud as your games will be stuck there when you are unable to stream them! Hahahaha :D

Let's be honest, when was the last time you were without internet access at home? Very rare if we're being honest. So this whole angle of being unable to play the games on Stadia due to lack of internet access is a bit of a dud imo.

I get that the majority here aren't interested in Stadia, which is fine. But it is the future. I'd even go to say that the PS5 and Scarlett consoles will be the last physical consoles Sony and Microsoft produce. Whether people wish to adapt to said future now or later is up to them.

In regards to the video - was nice to see a bit of the UI on both the TV and mobile - very Netflix-esque which will definitely appeal to the masses.

UK Founder packages have sold out now so there is clearly some demand for the service.

Soldato
I'm not sure that the majority here are not interested. I think we all are to a certain degree because we all love new tech. Some are not sold on it but we are all (well, most of us) watching with interest.

Soldato
I'm not sure that the majority here are not interested. I think we all are to a certain degree because we all love new tech. Some are not sold on it but we are all (well, most of us) watching with interest.

I would love for this to take off but I dont see it happening. Not with Google anyway.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Let's be honest, when was the last time you were without internet access at home? Very rare if we're being honest. So this whole angle of being unable to play the games on Stadia due to lack of internet access is a bit of a dud imo.

I get that the majority here aren't interested in Stadia, which is fine. But it is the future. I'd even go to say that the PS5 and Scarlett consoles will be the last physical consoles Sony and Microsoft produce. Whether people wish to adapt to said future now or later is up to them.

In regards to the video - was nice to see a bit of the UI on both the TV and mobile - very Netflix-esque which will definitely appeal to the masses.

UK Founder packages have sold out now so there is clearly some demand for the service.
What happens when someone in the house decide to watch something online or download something?

It may indeed be the future. OnLive was the future too though. Lol. We will get there when we get there but it is not now. Right now I think the immediate future is PC and consoles. Maybe Stadia may become a big player in 5 years time if they don't give up and keep ploughing R&D money into improving it.

Of course there is demand, it offers something different. Question is how big of a demand will it be in a couple of years time? Will it plateau and die or will it keep growing and end up bigger than the consoles and PC? The latter is a good 5-10 years away in my opinion and the former is more likely.

Is that purely because you don't trust Google?

I also have no desire to rely even more on one company and give them more data personally.

Associate
What happens when someone in the house decide to watch something online or download something?

It may indeed be the future. OnLive was the future too though. Lol. We will get there when we get there but it is not now. Right now I think the immediate future is PC and consoles. Maybe Stadia may become a big player in 5 years time if they don't give up and keep ploughing R&D money into improving it.

Of course there is demand, it offers something different. Question is how big of a demand will it be in a couple of years time? Will it plateau and die or will it keep growing and end up bigger than the consoles and PC? The latter is a good 5-10 years away in my opinion and the former is more likely.

Then I'll still be able to play my game? Unless you have proper ropey broadband then you're not going to struggle.

Consoles are the past and present, not the future. Why would Sony/Microsoft be setting up/have these streaming services available if they thought their consoles were going to be the future going forward?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Then I'll still be able to play my game? Unless you have proper ropey broadband then you're not going to struggle.

Consoles are the past and present, not the future. Why would Sony/Microsoft be setting up/have these streaming services available if they thought their consoles were going to be the future going forward?
Unless you have some kind of system where you allocate certain amount of bandwidth to each user I would imagine when someone else downloads you will feel the difference when playing as either quality will drop or it will stutter.

Look, if it makes you or others happy, more power to you. But this tech in my opinion has a small chance of going mainstream in the near future.

As for consoles, people have been saying they will spot making them for many years now. But every time we get a new console. People did not even want a disk-less system, let alone no console at all. Stadia will need to prove itself, until it does it is the future like OnLive was :p

Soldato
PSNow has even started letting you download titles like Gamepass. Presumably because for some people the latency on streaming is not good enough.

I want to see impressions on Stadia running something like Destiny 2 PvP.

Soldato
Just jumped on this to take a look and get my head around it.

From what I understand you pay google a monthly fee to then buy a game (at a slightly discounted price) which you can never actually keep... and regarding the free Stadia package (1080p/60) with the games at full price, may as well buy a PS4 / Xbox1...

Is there any reason to get this instead of an xbox 1 with game pass?

Back
Top Bottom