• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia's bringing HDMI 2.1 VRR support to its RTX 20 and 16 GPUs NOT 10 Series

Soldato
Buy an LG C9 instead

poor Alienware can only managed 280nits of brightness on their OLED. LG C9 OLED maxes out at 850nits and will produce much better HDR experience

Caporegime
Quote nvidia press release

"We are excited to bring G-SYNC Compatible support to LG’s 2019 OLED TVs and HDMI Variable Refresh Rate support to our GeForce RTX 20-Series GPUs. Gamers will be blown away by the responsiveness and the lifelike visuals on these TVs when playing the latest PC games featuring real-time ray-tracing powered by GeForce."

Looks like 10 series getting dropped like a stone.

Got a source for this? Google is bringing up nothing.

Caporegime
I think the thread title is a bit mis-leading.

Nvidia aren't saying they are updating the cards to HDMI 2.1

They are saying some parts of the HDMI 2.1 spec will be available on LG TV's.

It's a bit like Microsoft adding VRR to the Xbox One X.

Soldato
Not until you buy a new tv and new graphics card in 2020. The main benefit for a gamer is Gsync over hdmi 2.1 Other benefits include auto low latency game mode, e-ARC, automatic lip sync sound correction and supporting resolutions of 4K 120hz or 8k 60hz.

HDMI 2.1 brings very nice quality of life improvements for gamers as well as future proofing your hardware for years to come with support both high resolution and high refresh at the same time.

Why new GPU I have RTX 2070 which should have support?

R3X

R3X

Soldato
So sounds like a firmware for the gpu will just make your standard hdmi port magically 2.1 hdmi port ?

I always thought it was hardware related

Soldato
So sounds like a firmware for the gpu will just make your standard hdmi port magically 2.1 hdmi port ?

It is hardware related. If it doesn't have the necessary hardware no firmware in the world will make it work.

Soldato
It is hardware related. If it doesn't have the necessary hardware no firmware in the world will make it work.

What HDMI controller does the 2080ti use? Need to see the manufacturer spec sheet please link since you already know the answer

Not all HDMI 2.1 features require an HDMI 2.1 port. Gsync/VRR/Freesync is one of those features.

Back
Top Bottom