Analogue Pocket

Soldato
Know there’s a few Analogue users on here, I have Super NT and it’s a great bit of kit.

They’ve just announced a pocket FPGA system that plays Gameboy, Color, and Advance games, plus other handheld systems like Game Gear and Lynx.

Looks quite good, will be able to get a dock for it as well to play on the TV. I still need to get a Mega SG, but I think this will be a purchase for me as well.

https://www.analogue.co/pocket/

Man of Honour
Well I'm interested. Was hoping the next Classic system from Nintendo would be a GameBoy/Gameboy Color... but hell... this with the dock, an GB everdrive and a NES style 8bitdo wireless pad.. I'm sold!

Caporegime
I'll definitely be grabbing one of these. Was debating modding my Lynx II and GBA screens after doing my DMG GameBoy last weekend, but add the cost of screens, batteries and chargers (to upgrade to Li-Ion) and I might as well spend the bit extra for the Analogue Pocket, looks great!

Soldato
OP
More details of this announced today, and a pre-order date of next Monday, with shipping aiming for May 2021.

https://www.analogue.co/store#pocket

I was excited but I'm on the fence a bit at the minute, looking at $200 for the console, $100 for the dock and probably $50 shipping for what I want, plus import duty on top. Major sticking point is, paying for it now and not getting it for at least 10 months, would be persuaded to go for it instantly if there was a deposit system. So I don't know whether to wait till release and order it then, will decide by next Monday though.

Caporegime
I too am on the fence. I was REALLY up for the idea of the pocket when it was announced, but I just don't see it getting that much use, and the cost (plus the dock and Lynx adapter) is eye-watering.

Soldato
Hyped at announcement but the price, date, import duty and those crazy adaptors has put me off.
Plus 2020 saw some excellent emulation handhelds released that when all things considered are enough to play these games.

I'm a sucker for original hardware in front of a TV but for handheld games I just don't think I care enough

Soldato
OP
I've bought one in the end :p

Sold out in 8 minutes apparently, don't know how that works, they probably won't even being going into production for months.

Last edited:
Associate
I've bought one in the end :p

Sold out in 8 minutes apparently, don't know how that works, they probably won't even being going into production for months.

Yeah, probably. Just probably expected numbers in a first production batch, and they'll probably reopen preorders for later dates, much like they did for the likes of the Super NT.
I suppose the extended timeframe is the main difference from previous launches, but they are probably just covering themselves by pushing a year and avoiding a fiasco like the NT Noir.

Grabbed a couple in any case, white and black, and accs, so a bit of an outlay, but I'll try to convince myself it was money set aside in any case.

Back
Top Bottom