Audi owners in here!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Of all the Audi’s I’ve owned, I probably miss the S1 the most to be honest. Stock it was plenty quick enough to be fun, but with the Revo remap it was utterly silly at times, properly quick for something the size of a shoe.

Absolutely right about the clutch though, mine went within 4000 miles of having it remapped. I did drive it pretty hard though to be fair.

If you do get it remapped, first thing you’ll want to do is put some better brakes on it, the stock brakes are just about decent enough for stock figures but are left wanting with that much more power.
Did you have the super sport seats? The one I test drove years ago did and I remember them being a little tight for my fat arse but they do look good..

Associate
Did you have the super sport seats? The one I test drove years ago did and I remember them being a little tight for my fat arse but they do look good..

No... I did really want them but with how limited the space is in the back anyway, the extra bulk at the back of the seats (they bulge massively) put me off - as well as the price of them. They look damn good though.

nam

nam

Soldato
Super sports seats are the best i have seen in the latest Audi's. I had them as standard on my last 2018 S4 , all electric with massage functions . There are my pic's floating about in this thread somewhere

Caporegime
Pretty certain the “Super” sports seats in this age of car (certainly for my S3 they would have been anyway) are the type where the base is the same as the sport seat, and the back is 90% the same except the inconvenience of a fixed headrest. They aren't additionally supportive like previous (and potentially newer, though I’ve not had first hand experience of) generation seats.

Soldato
Just looking for a bit of advice if you could guys.

Been looking for a A4 for a week now. Hard to find the one the boss wants.

I've got 9k very max budget and we want a petrol A4 sline in white. Very hard to find one it seems.

So my question is. Anything to look out for when buying one? It seems my budget is from a 2010-2012 without going to moon miles or over budget.

Loads of diesel cars about but with the wife only doing wifey things then petrol is the way to go?

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I wouldn’t want an A4 petrol from that era. Horror stories of excessive oil consumption from the 1.8 and 2.0 TFSI engines. Coupled with a horrendous multitronic? No thanks!

Do the lesser engines have the cam follower issues of the S3?

Soldato
I wouldn’t want an A4 petrol from that era. Horror stories of excessive oil consumption from the 1.8 and 2.0 TFSI engines. Coupled with a horrendous multitronic? No thanks!

Do the lesser engines have the cam follower issues of the S3?

Not many 2.0 from what I've seen. Mainly 1.8. not sure what multitronic is?

Should I risk a diesel? Even with mega low milage (per year from the boss)?

Edit: I don't know much about cars but from my experience, I'm on a few transit van forums and there's a few that alway put the tranny van down. But in my experience all my vans have been sweet.

As always, If someone has a problem there going to shout about it.

Edit 2: very quick Google says that the multitronic problems are from 2008 or older? As mentioned before I know sweetFA and that's why I'm here asking. But 3 forums have said it's all the older models but I'll definitely look into it a bit more tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not many 2.0 from what I've seen. Mainly 1.8. not sure what multitronic is?

Should I risk a diesel? Even with mega low milage (per year from the boss)?

Edit: I don't know much about cars but from my experience, I'm on a few transit van forums and there's a few that alway put the tranny van down. But in my experience all my vans have been sweet.

As always, If someone has a problem there going to shout about it.

Edit 2: very quick Google says that the multitronic problems are from 2008 or older? As mentioned before I know sweetFA and that's why I'm here asking. But 3 forums have said it's all the older models but I'll definitely look into it a bit more tomorrow.

Depends if you are looking for a auto or a manual. Obviously multitronic (or CVT) is one of the auto boxes so no issues if you are considering a manual car.

Caporegime
She's going to have to be politely reminded that she's not buying new and has a bizarrely strict set of constraints and will likely have to be flexible. The first thing I'd change is the need to look for a specific (non) colour, you want the best example you can find, not the whitest.

In terms of the diesel vs petrol argument. I had my A4 from new in 2013 (so the facelift of what you are looking at, same car, same engines etc) and mine was the 2.0TDIe 136PS model. I did less than 10,000 miles a year (think it averaged to around 8,700) and had no issues with DFP or anything else diesel related. I did however always tend to do a good run once a week which would have been enough to get the DFP up to temperature. Only a handful of times did I park up to hear the fans going nuts because of the increased heat of a regen.

Soldato
She's going to have to be politely reminded that she's not buying new and has a bizarrely strict set of constraints and will likely have to be flexible. The first thing I'd change is the need to look for a specific (non) colour, you want the best example you can find, not the whitest.

In terms of the diesel vs petrol argument. I had my A4 from new in 2013 (so the facelift of what you are looking at, same car, same engines etc) and mine was the 2.0TDIe 136PS model. I did less than 10,000 miles a year (think it averaged to around 8,700) and had no issues with DFP or anything else diesel related. I did however always tend to do a good run once a week which would have been enough to get the DFP up to temperature. Only a handful of times did I park up to hear the fans going nuts because of the increased heat of a regen.

I've seen some really nice cars about, but she's the boss and no other colour will do.

The polo she has now, she's done 18k miles in nearly 5 years, so with the new cars age already I think I should be sticking with petrol? Only time it will go on the motorway is if I'm driving it somewhere. She's actually scared of the motorway lol

Think I'll look into wrapping. How long would a wrap last? :D

Just been looking at the changes in the 2013 facelift. Think I'm going to have to look for a 13 plate and up my budget. The lights only look slightly better but the steering wheel is much nicer.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, in this case more economical too. :D

A white Audi A4 (or any Audi in white) is common as muck, not sure where the appeal is to be honest.

Associate
is the 40k Oil change for gearbox part of the 40k service?, and if I don't do this will it affect its warranty?

Its for an Audi SQ7 V8 S-Tronic 7 speed gearbox.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Discovered the inspection cover in the front passenger wheel arch lining has disappeared :confused:
Ordered a replacement off eBay, but I wonder how long it's been missing for. Hopefully driving a thousand miles in the rain hasn't affected anything :eek:

Back
Top Bottom