Star Citizen - Is it worth playing yet?

Soldato
I pledged (i know...) a good few years ago but it was very rough and tbh boring when i did... uninstalled and have been out of the loop since.

So is it finally worth getting into now or did i just waste money haha...?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
...Wish i hadn't pledged.. feel so abused.. self inflicted abuse ha.

Shame really, i remember when i first pledged it supported 680 SLI gpu's... has been a fair few years hasn't it.

Soldato
"Playing" might be too strong a word :D

It's a tech demo at best, and even then, a pointless tech demo as nothing will come from it lol.

...Wish i hadn't pledged.. feel so abused.. self inflicted abuse ha.

Shame really, i remember when i first pledged it supported 680 SLI gpu's... has been a fair few years hasn't it.

I'd just move on, it's a sham at this point.

Soldato
Every year that passes without a meaningful release of anything resembling a game, adds more and more to my cynical side that this will never see the light of day. He's set himself and his wife up for life, is basking in the millions, his closest team members are probably looked after very well and the continuation of this gigantic ruse will go on for many years more yet....people fell for this big time. It's never going to see a full release with the scope it's going for. It'll take another 20 years at this rate.

Caporegime
Every time there is a "big update" to the Alpha (every 6 months or so) I re-download and install it, to see if it's anywhere near playable/fun.

It never is.

When I backed it for $60 in 2012, all I wanted was a Privateer style game. I got that recently from Rebel Galaxy Outlaw and that is a game made by 5 people.

Soldato
Did the $40 sub years and years back. Oddly logged in to my account today and looked at it. Heard the same thing that's it's still not really a game.....oh well, atleast I remember my password again lol

I tried to run it on my old 4770k with 16gb and a 980to and it was PowerPoint slide FPS which was a bit depressing

Has a lot of potential so hopefully one day will become something finished

Back
Top Bottom