The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
Wow that's very generous of you. 25 billion seems a massive amount. Must have took you some time to accrue. I've made my way to 76 million. That must have taken you years.

Soldato
The effects of the black out are interesting. Hunters are actually dying more often as defenders are more organised and overall everyone is having more fun. The only losers are the bots so far.
I don't play Eve but any game where I hear about bots getting screwed is brilliant!

Associate
Wow that's very generous of you. 25 billion seems a massive amount. Must have took you some time to accrue. I've made my way to 76 million. That must have taken you years.

I'd been playing since 2004 but I found that most of my ISK came over the past 2 years in null space. My advice would be, if you're not already, to get yourself into one of the large alliances in null and seed contract market with doctrine ships and run a PI operation across your main account and the 2 spare character slots you get on your account.

Man of Honour

Generally it gets easier to make large amounts of ISK as you progress and have the assets to do so - when I played actively we could make ~750m ISK in a few minutes with capitals and a bit of risk running C5/6 wormhole sites.

Soldato

These things change as you go. It costs me about 17bil a month to plex my accounts at the moment. When you start multiboxing the amount of ISK that comes in just scales with it.

Associate
Tbh at the moment I am just finding my feet and dipping into wormholes and exploring lowsec. I've only gone into nullsec a few times and died both. It's all good fun though and I'm enjoying it at the moment. I'll probably join a large group soon.

Associate
Decided to come back to Eve after a 9 year hiatus! This invasion and dark local are really cool ideas. Back when I left 400 people would crash a system. Now they are testing 10,000! Seems like a lot of changes have occurred.

For a PvP guy with two 100+m SP char's, anyone recommend a non-Goonswarm corp/alliance in null-sec? I may also be interested in merc corps. Who are the best corps/alliances these days?

Soldato
Exactly the same as myself, last time I logged in was 2010 until recently... I joined a corp a week ago that just isn't a good fit.

Looking for a null sec Merc corp where im not just a number.

Soldato
Exactly the same as myself, last time I logged in was 2010 until recently... I joined a corp a week ago that just isn't a good fit.

Looking for a null sec Merc corp where im not just a number.
These merc corps are usually full of highly skilled players as they have to fight outnumbered. It will be hard to get into one of them until you rack up some recent kills and show a few months of stable activity.

The cyno changes are also very interesting. It seems CCP is finally taking some risks, even their CEO said he would rather make some bad changes than not do anything and let the game slowly stagnate and die. A few more of these and they might pull me back in.

Man of Honour
These merc corps are usually full of highly skilled players as they have to fight outnumbered. It will be hard to get into one of them until you rack up some recent kills and show a few months of stable activity.

The cyno changes are also very interesting. It seems CCP is finally taking some risks, even their CEO said he would rather make some bad changes than not do anything and let the game slowly stagnate and die. A few more of these and they might pull me back in.

Gonna be a bit of a slap in the face for people who have no choice but to move capitals around unsupported, etc. for general logistics and so on. While I would be kind of for some of those changes if I still played I think it is going to generate another dump of long standing players who have a bunch of capital alts, etc. and while some might cheer that on it isn't really a good thing for the game.

Associate
Hello
I don't know your forum, when I was looking for a thread about EVE Online I found you. But I think this is a good place to ask a question, the question is simple. If someone is just starting to play EVE has a chance to catch up with older players? How can I get or buy more ISKs? This is what I'm interested in, EVE isk

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve recently come back after a few years break and caught up on most of the changes. I find myself camped in low sec at the moment. I have a lot of safety loot delivered there and the local pirates have a scam going where they try to maintain 24/7 camps to force people to sell them things on the cheap. So I’m skill training and figuring out what I want to do next, but the more I do this thee less I want to play. Really need to get moving and join a corp, or something, before I loose interest again.

Man of Honour
I’ve recently come back after a few years break and caught up on most of the changes. I find myself camped in low sec at the moment. I have a lot of safety loot delivered there and the local pirates have a scam going where they try to maintain 24/7 camps to force people to sell them things on the cheap. So I’m skill training and figuring out what I want to do next, but the more I do this thee less I want to play. Really need to get moving and join a corp, or something, before I loose interest again.

On a related note I heard they were talking about removing arbitrary safes as in you'd use for "insta" warp off station with a blockade runner, etc. and other changes that would make it harder using jump freighters as a potential way to move stuff out of heavily camped systems :(

Glad I'm not invested in the game in any way any more.

Last edited:
Associate
On a related note I heard they were talking about removing arbitrary safes as in you'd use for "insta" warp off station with a blockade runner, etc. and other changes that would make using jump freighters a potential way to move stuff out of heavily camped systems :(

Glad I'm not invested in the game in any way any more.

I hope not, imo that would remove a lot of the nuance from the cat and mouse meta. I'm certainly not as invested as I used to be, I think I'll end up looking for something fairly casual. My days of setting alarms for stupid o'clock in the morning alliance fleet ops are definitely over.

Associate
I tried to start back up in Eve but just couldn't After they removed the com blackout, that was one of the things that drew me back. And having realized once again it's all a numbers games. Solo PvP is basically non existent.

Associate
Mhm, thanks, but going back to something and learning something from the beginning are two different things - but I'll try
I downloaded the game, I'm starting to learn. Which level do I need to have at least to be able to apply for recruitment to any sensible corporation? My friends told me that they were very interested in ISK farms in EVE Online, but unfortunately EVE looks like a second job and it is much faster to buy them

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mhm, thanks, but going back to something and learning something from the beginning are two different things - but I'll try
I downloaded the game, I'm starting to learn. Which level do I need to have at least to be able to apply for recruitment to any sensible corporation?

Eve has opportunities in many different ways and levels so to speak - levels don't really exist in Eve quite the same as other games like this - there are corporations who will take a new player from day 1 some who will be useful to you others that are just trying to increase numbers, there are corporations who'll only take pilots who've got a few months of training and experience and others that only work with people with characters that have lots of skills trained and experience.

IMO though be wary of the whole nullsec buzz and don't go rushing into popular nullsec collectives for the sake of it - you'll just end up as cannon fodder in someone else's war, for other people's reasons.

Associate
Wow
That what you wrote about cannon fodder in other people's war. It sounds like real world, I got a little excited. Are there corps that offer new members some good for joining? Are the skill injectors effects permanent or temporary?? Do I MUST follow all orders if I join a corporation?
From what I've read in many different forums, currently the most trusted source to buy ISK is Odealo.com
I already share the link with you, apparently they are the safest and have the best EVE Isk prices
BUY EVE ISK

Last edited:
Associate
Wow
That what you wrote about cannon fodder in other people's war. It sounds like real world, I got a little excited. Are there corps that offer new members some good for joining? Are the skill injectors effects permanent or temporary?? Do I MUST follow all orders if I join a corporation?

Skill injectors are permanent. Some newbie corps will give you skillbooks and show you the ropes to help you get going.

If you join a corp you will most of the time be expected to join in and join fleets. Especially null sec corps who will need you to help defend space.

Associate
Thank you very much. I have already read a bit on fandom about all objects, a bit about minning and ships. I have already started the adventure. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom