Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Everyone reeeaaalllly wants to be a cowboy :)

I'm really not sure if I'll enjoy this game and the price is just a barrier for me to try it.

Yep :p:p

I will only play this for the story and not online as that has no appeal to me at all.

Well CD keys have now dropped the Special edition price to £42.99 on their main page... bit off really.

Associate
Yep :p:p

I will only play this for the story and not online as that has no appeal to me at all.

Well CD keys have now dropped the Special edition price to £42.99 on their main page... bit off really.

I wonder if it will get cheaper as the release date gets nearer or should I get it now, also any ideas why the special edition is £42.99 and the standard edition is £44.99

Associate
I wonder if it will get cheaper as the release date gets nearer or should I get it now, also any ideas why the special edition is £42.99 and the standard edition is £44.99
If anything, the trend I notice on cdkeys and similar sites is the opposite. The price tends to go up as release gets nearer in my experience.

Agreed with Tombstone, price will creep up until release then depending on popularity (which will probably be huge) the price will drop or remain the same for a while

thats been my experience with cdkeys anyway

Associate
I bought it in CEX for £3 when i traded in two games, it was originally £20 on PS4. **** paying this much for the game. It's not THAT special now, it's been out for a yea.

Associate
I bought it in CEX for £3 when i traded in two games, it was originally £20 on PS4. **** paying this much for the game. It's not THAT special now, it's been out for a yea.

You can't compare the console version to PC ffs, it's like comparing GTAV on console to the PC version haha, console beta tests the games on poor hardware, pc gets the full version. Thinking it is the same is laughable. Surely you played GTAV on PC after the mess on console, if not you may not understand. I would prefare they take the time to release the pc version so it's right. My 10 year old son with the console and has red dead 2 and gtav from rockstar, they are horrendous. But whatever floats your boat I guess, just saying.

Associate
I did, and yeah okay, it's a better version, But I'm not a elitist. I love playing games, regardless of where they're on. Plus my monitor isn't 4K. So I'm perfectly content playing my games in high settings in 1080p.

Associate
I did, and yeah okay, it's a better version, But I'm not a elitist. I love playing games, regardless of where they're on. Plus my monitor isn't 4K. So I'm perfectly content playing my games in high settings in 1080p.

Fair enough, sorry I wasn't being a tool saying all that. (Although it may have come across that way). All I was meaning was the PC version of gtav was just outstanding and so will rdr2 I am sure. I played the console versions and for me they where completely unplayable, sorry how I came across but personally for me you can't say it's an old game etc etc etc because it's like a remastered game. It's like when a game is released years before and then finally brought out again with extensive differences, that is how I felt about gtav and rdr2 on pc looks amazing in comparison from what we have seen. Clearly I can't stand consoles, my kids have a ps4, xbox one and built pc's and even they stopped playing the consoles now.

Associate
Yeah its remastered. but it needs something more like DLC etc, Release it at £30 and watch the sales explode.

Will be £30 within a short period of release anyway due to 3rd party key sites, always happens. This game will have huge sales because people have been waiting for the PC version for a while, same as GTAV did. Cyberpunk will be the same next year, the sales will be through the roof no matter the release price, just happens sometimes if the game has been hyped enough. Look at cod each year (ewwww), sells so many copies even though many think it's crap and priced so highly. Red dead 2 will have huge sales on PC.

Associate
What are the benefits of getting it on Steam?

Either way it will run through Rockstar Launcher mate, not really any benefits other than having all your games in one place. I find it a little annoying that you have to use a different launcher sometimes when using Steam too but not much we can do if we want it on Steam.

Soldato
Will be £30 within a short period of release anyway due to 3rd party key sites, always happens. This game will have huge sales because people have been waiting for the PC version for a while, same as GTAV did. Cyberpunk will be the same next year, the sales will be through the roof no matter the release price, just happens sometimes if the game has been hyped enough. Look at cod each year (ewwww), sells so many copies even though many think it's crap and priced so highly. Red dead 2 will have huge sales on PC.

You could be right but didn't happen with GTA V, it took a long time to drop.

Associate
I was waiting ages for GTAV to drop payed up for it in the end - just gone with the CDkeys offer on the special edition. For me, this and doom are about the only games to look forward to this year.

Back
Top Bottom