*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Did you get to play in the end? Interested in thoughts if so:)
Yea I did! I went to bed at like 1am regretting it now though!:D it was really fun tbh you can tell they've had to reduce the visuals by quite a bit and the game has some super minor FPS drops on some maps but it was only when the entire enemy team was in one location doing their ults the motion controls are cool I can see them being super handy I just suck majorly with them so need to practice there's quite a few options for the motion controls to so you can tell they've put thought and effort into them

Edit: I'm also sat playing it on my dinner break:D:p:p

Double edit: my only smallll gripe with the game is that you can't save your highlights and you can't use the record button in the game either:/ so it's kind of annoying unless they're planning to patch it in

Soldato
Early on in The Witcher but so far it really does look pretty great on the small screen! Gwent is as awesome as I remembered as well :)

Small tip - if you do the tutorial then be patient as the game bugs out if you do stuff before the full on-screen prompts come up and you have to restart/reload.
Cheers for the tip. Got my copy yesterday BUT resisting the urge to play as I only just completed the great plateau in BOTW!

Soldato
Thanks for the info on overwatch. Still holding off until I hear more about it, it seems to have come out to little to no reception? And on top of that, it's now been removed from the eShop! Maybe temporarily to assist server issues in game? Not a clue but not a good sign

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thanks for the info on overwatch. Still holding off until I hear more about it, it seems to have come out to little to no reception? And on top of that, it's now been removed from the eShop! Maybe temporarily to assist server issues in game? Not a clue but not a good sign

All the stuff around Hong Kong and Blizzard basically being a standard business and being ****** when it comes to profit over ethics they are having a bad time at the moment. I think some people have decided not to buy it for that reason and they are generally under fire.

Associate
Bought Astral Chain the other day.

For some reason, I had in my head that it was like Xenoblade.

It's obvs not.

All the reviews say its great though but I just can't get on with it.

Soldato

It's obvs not.

Playing it at the moment as well. It takes a while to get going but once you start unlocking abilities the combat gets really fun. I'm really getting into it now.

Soldato
Do you have the pro plus? That's the only one I recommend (the others have poor dpads) and I am still very happy with the pad. The triggers still feel weird though.

Well I gave it another go and just don't find it that impressive. There is something up with the ergonomics of it that just make it uncomfortable for me.
I'm definitely going to return it.

Just checked now it has updated saying it has been shipped to overseas , delivery date says tomorrow so fingers crossed !

Did it turn up? Any initial impressions?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I gave it another go and just don't find it that impressive. There is something up with the ergonomics of it that just make it uncomfortable for me.
I'm definitely going to return it.

Did it turn up? Any initial impressions?

Ergonomics are a very personal thing, so don't feel like you have to find something comfortable just because someone else does.

It's certainly not perfect, but for me it's the only good dpad without sacrificing by lacking buttons, sticks or wireless.

Soldato

It's obvs not.

I put in a couple of hours and it didn't grab me at all, combat just felt like a jumbled frenzy and the whole style of the game felt like dealing with an overactive toddler (and I've already done that!).

Soldato
Picked the satisfye grip up this morning had no extra charges or anything so that’s good, at work atm so haven’t got the switch on me but first impressions of the grip are good, feels close a pro pad but obviously wider, can’t wait to properly try it out will try get some pictures up later.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked the satisfye grip up this morning had no extra charges or anything so that’s good, at work atm so haven’t got the switch on me but first impressions of the grip are good, feels close a pro pad but obviously wider, can’t wait to properly try it out will try get some pictures up later.
Nice one! Looking forward to your thoughts

Soldato
Just picked up The Witcher 3. It's now tied with Battlefield 4 for my most purchased game (I've bought W3 on XB1, PS4, PC and now Switch, and BF4 on 360, XB1, PC & PS4).

What sold me in the end is that if you have access to the file system on the Switch, you can use your PC saves. Was hoping this would be the case, as I haven't actually completed the game once yet, and I don't really want to go through everything before Novigrad for the fourth time...

Back
Top Bottom