What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Now the problem with that is, You're adding a lot of weight, What I actually do is fill up £10 at a time, fill up again (usually in 2 days time) rinse and repeat, less added weight, moar MPGz.

i've taken a lot of steps to reduce my weekly fuel cost of £50 down to £30 over a near 50mile commute, i haven't hit vtec yo in over 2 months (this actually makes me sad) £10 fill ups each time, car doesn't see over 3k rpm, annoy a lot of people on the M4/Dually's by sticking to 55MPH.

No.

Caporegime
I used to do all that nonsense when I worked in London and commuted every day in my T-Sport, I managed to get 43MPG out of it a few times... In the end I packed it in and bought a cheap diesel Octavia (some of you may remember it :p ) which would easily do 70MPG. I then bought an MX5 to have on the side so I could keep my sanity on the weekends.

Caporegime
Horns were knackered so I fitted some shinybois. Theyre random ones Dad had laying around that he was going to fit on his 1947 MG but then decided to fit some different ones. They are very loud. :p

RffAHUh.jpg

Soldato
More like what i've done with my car this week so far.

Not sure how accurate the MPG calculator i'm using is, and how accurate my method is either but its close.

I have achieved roughly 42mpg from my 09 Honda Accord K24 that weighs over 1.5tons with its N/A K24 2.4i engine which I think is mighty impressive for this car considering it's claimed mpg is in the very low 30s.

£20 worth of petrol, 15.88 litres of petrol (according to the pump) and covered 150miles, Filled up when my petrol light came on at the start of the week and filled up today just after my petrol light came on again, so obviously not as accurate as it can be but its a good estimate at best.

Yes i'm very boring D:

You should try only going out in wet weather - you would save quite a bit on tyre wear as well

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Removing the equivalent of a small childs weight in fuel makes a huge difference in mpg? Hmmm, I'll leave him at home then, the expensive little sod!

Soldato
I'm taking the car to a local garage.
I believe an Injector seal has gone, so I have a freshly cleaned set of Injectors with uprated seals to go in.
Unfortunately it's not a quick job due to manifold being in the way.

Soldato
I'm taking the car to a local garage.
I believe an Injector seal has gone, so I have a freshly cleaned set of Injectors with uprated seals to go in.
Unfortunately it's not a quick job due to manifold being in the way.

I love how you have managed to find a Mazda that makes my MGB, old mini and Disco 3 look like paragons of reliability. :D

Back
Top Bottom