skyrim or fallout 4

Associate
Personally I'd get Skyrim as it runs natively better than Fallout.
Most SE mods will work. There's plenty of reddit threads for modding guides specifically for VR.

You'll love playing in the places you've played on a monitor but then in VR you'll actuallt be standing there yourself. So immersive :)

Soldato
Get the one you liked most in normal mode.

I preferred Fallout 4 over Skyrim in VR. But that might be been because I never played Fallout 4 in normal mode.

Soldato
Found Skyrim to be more immersive over fallout, nothing beats tomb raiding in VR Skyrim.

Both often find themselves on more than -50% discount, so get both.

Associate
Does anyone have a mod list for skyrimvr which they could suggest
In just went online and looked for best Skyrim vr mods. Then download vortex mod manager to set them up. With index I also applied a button fix controller setup as it stops working if you go to steam home and back. V Annoying

Skyrim has certainly been good buy now done 60 hours in vr.

Associate
Bought both of them, I personally find Fallout 4 to be pretty crap if I am being honest and Skyrim I was never a fan of anyway before VR so I won't comment on that even though I bought it dirt cheap to see if it was any better (Silly me) . Fallout is poor though.

Associate
OP
i ended up getting skyrim as its one of my favorite games in any event. I was blown away with the experience in VR. Now looking forward to getting my index and knuckes as the vive wands are not great in the game

Soldato
Fallout because they did a really poor job of the melee combat in VR and you can get away with never using it in Fallout.

Both are pretty sloppy in VR though. Its basically a mod on the old game. They simply hid the player model and added hands.

Associate
OP
i am loving skyrim at the moment - some of the mods are god smacking. Vrik mod is brilliant. You get full body and arm mapping and you can have virtual holsters so you can grab a bow from one shoulder , grab a staff from another , grab a shield from your waist and a sword from the other side etc. Coupled with magevr you dont have to go into a menu at all

Back
Top Bottom