**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
What are you currently on?
Also you should see my thread over on general discussion about Amazon and their 'Prime' delivery. I ordered a 7 Pro from their warehouse as a taster to see if I might like the 7t Pro. Then on the dispatch email I am told Hermes are delivering it. It was dispatched on Sunday and it's currently in their Rochester facility...

Am currently using a S10+ OneUI is good and their best implementation of Android yet however Oxygen OS is my favourite skin. Although the curve isn't as prominent on the S10+ I still prefer to have a flat screen device. The curved display on the 7 Pro phones are too exaggerated and similar to the ones that Samsung were rocking back with the S6 and S7 devices.

TBH I'm not fussed when the phone is delivered as I'm not really in a rush to get the phone however it is currently showing delivery on the 18th. If I didn't have the Amazon gift certificate I would have ordered it direct from OP but it took the price considerably down which was the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Oneplus 7T Pro offers little over the 7 Pro but I'd say 7 to 7T is a more than a moderate step up.

Agreed...the 7 wasn't much of an upgrade over the 6T. Whereas the 7T brings a significant amount of changes to the table. I had a 6T McLaren edition and didn't think that the OP7 was a justified purchase.

I think with the 7 series OP concentrated on the Pro and made a small change to the 7 whereas with the T series OP have concentrated on the 7T.

Still at £350 the 7 is a very decent buy compared to the £549 that OP are asking for the 7T.

Associate
Ordered OnePlus bullets before on the main website excellent customer service. My left ear bud broke after about 11 months. All they required were a video of it...
A few emails or chat and they sent me a new one without needing to send the old one back.

Does the 7t have a feature to black bar the the whole notch area? While watching videos as that's the only time it will annoy me.

Soldato
So what's the deal with the McLaren edition 7t pro? That's the one I'm interested in, mainly because it's black.

Are they limited numbers and once sold out they're gone?

Soldato
I'm still leaning towards the 7T despite the lower storage - it's not the money for me, I'm just not a fan of the curve on my wife's S9+!

The curve on the 7 Pro is almost reminisce of the S6 Edge, just way too defined and distracting

If the curve on the S9+ doesn't fit well with you the 7 Pro definitely won't.

Soldato
The curve on the 7 Pro is almost reminisce of the S6 Edge, just way too defined and distracting

If the curve on the S9+ doesn't fit well with you the 7 Pro definitely won't.
I didn't mind the curve on the S6 edge. In fact I'd say it's better than the more recent curves as they are sharper and have a more drastic drop off.

Soldato
Just ordered the OnePlus 7T. I nearly got the 7T pro but for me, the additional £150 just didn't seem worth it for the limited additions you get (bigger battery, slightly better camera).

This will be my first Oneplus phone and i'm upgrading from a Samsung S8

Soldato
Just ordered the OnePlus 7T. I nearly got the 7T pro but for me, the additional £150 just didn't seem worth it for the limited additions you get (bigger battery, slightly better camera).

This will be my first Oneplus phone and i'm upgrading from a Samsung S8
Almost worth it for the notchless screen. I appreciate the notch is tiny but it's still there.
Not too keen on the taller aspect ratio on the 7T either.
Camera module much neater on the Pro.

But yes, probably not £150's worth of difference to some people.

Soldato
Almost worth it for the notchless screen. I appreciate the notch is tiny but it's still there.
Not too keen on the taller aspect ratio on the 7T either.
Camera module much neater on the Pro.

But yes, probably not £150's worth of difference to some people.

I had a play with the 7T and the Pro today. Both nice devices and the main difference (for me) being the flat vs curved screen. Probably not £150 worth of difference between them like you said, but I thought the Pro had a little more of a premium feel about it as well as all the other minor bits and pieces.

Back
Top Bottom