Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Fair enough, sorry I wasn't being a tool saying all that. (Although it may have come across that way). All I was meaning was the PC version of gtav was just outstanding and so will rdr2 I am sure. I played the console versions and for me they where completely unplayable, sorry how I came across but personally for me you can't say it's an old game etc etc etc because it's like a remastered game. It's like when a game is released years before and then finally brought out again with extensive differences, that is how I felt about gtav and rdr2 on pc looks amazing in comparison from what we have seen. Clearly I can't stand consoles, my kids have a ps4, xbox one and built pc's and even they stopped playing the consoles now.

I initially played GTA V on my PS3 and never really got into it, then got it on PC and absolutely loved it and played all the way through. Apart from being a better experience I think it's also down to me not getting on with consoles and their controllers these days. I don't have a current gen console anyway, so how cheap it may have dropped to on those platforms doesn't matter to me.

Soldato
I wonder if it will get cheaper as the release date gets nearer or should I get it now, also any ideas why the special edition is £42.99 and the standard edition is £44.99
All I can I think of is the majority of keys that they have obtained are special edition. The price listed now was a daily deal price yesterday, which is why I feel anybody who has paid £46.99 for the Special edition or paid £44.99 the standard have the right to moan.

However I have bought it at 42.99 and the only site I can see it being cheaper than that would be Voidu. However they are not selling yet.

To be fair, CDKeys should not be selling it yet. The other retailer/keysite embargo is not up till the 23rd October

Soldato
Don't think it's just the extra dev time, they also like to get people double dipping, hence they never confirm the PC version when they launch on console.

Associate
only got about 10 hours into ps4 pro version.. game did look good on my OLED. but 30 fps with a controller just ****** me off..

thank **** this wiill have 21:9 support!

30FPS! how do people on the console cope with that? Even my 10 year old won't go back to console now he has a pc haha

Caporegime
Ohhhhh... that trailer looks so pretty.

Tell me, those who have played both, how does this 2nd one compared to RDR 1? I wouldn't say I loved RDR 1 but it was a good enough experience. Does this improve on the first, about the same or worse?

Not sure whether to get it on PC in 12 months or pick up a potential PS5 version instead.

Soldato

Tell me, those who have played both, how does this 2nd one compared to RDR 1? I wouldn't say I loved RDR 1 but it was a good enough experience. Does this improve on the first, about the same or worse?

Not sure whether to get it on PC in 12 months or pick up a potential PS5 version instead.

My wife has completed it and I've played about 4 hours worth. It improves on every aspect from the 1st in a great way. The one thing that trips a lot of people up is it's pace. It's strong on the 'sim' aspect, so getting off your horse and leashing it up to a water troff when you're in town. Going to your horse to change weapons from the saddle bags as clearly you can't carry 10 guns unlike GTA V.

Movement feels weighted and clunky until you get used to it as well, which is a major complaint from people but it's because it goes for realistic movement over overly agile character movements.

Soldato
Will the mod scene be easier on PC for this game? I can't stand Modding V.
Highly doubt you'll be doing any modding at all. None of Rockstars games are really mod friendly and they'll probably have a good level of control over the game, especially with their new launcher.

2 is a LOT slower on the animations front than 1, yet at the same time it is more immersive due to the slowness. I barely made it past Chapter 1 without losing my rag and I can see a lot of PC gamers ending up the same way - you need to be really patient.

There is a lot more to do in 2, and traversing landscapes is a lot more of an enjoyable experience as you've got cities, towns, and full on fuana/forests etc whereas 1 was more of a 'brown' experience for the most part. If you've played 1, then you NEED to get this - period.

Imo 2 is a lot better in a lot of ways, but at the same time is no where near perfect. A lot of characters aren't really fleshed out and are just there for effect. Certain missions could be greatly improved but feel rushed etc. I have spent so much time on the PS4 Pro version just doing my own thing and ignoring key missions I'm surprised the machine hasn't died on me.

Back
Top Bottom