Games you're playing, and games...

Caporegime
Just finished the second Splinter Cell game, Pandora Tomorrow. When I played it 10 or more years ago, I didn’t think much of it. However, this time around I thought it was better than the first game. Now on to Chaos Theory...

Soldato
About to start RDR2 again, had a quick dabble when it was first released but never put any considerable time into it, always switch to playing PUBG with friends instead.

Is it a game worth playing through?

Associate
Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday.

Very disappointed with the game, the story was average at best. I ended up just rushing through most of it as i just couldn't get into it unlike the 2 previous TR games which i enjoyed.

Soldato
Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday.

Very disappointed with the game, the story was average at best. I ended up just rushing through most of it as i just couldn't get into it unlike the 2 previous TR games which i enjoyed.

It's definitely the weakest, the story didn't make much sense and unlike the previous games it got in the way of gameplay rather than enhancing it. Add in characters that were hard to care about (including Lara), silly costumes and little variety in terms of locations and it really was a disappointment. I loved the first two, right up there with Uncharted.

Soldato
Just started playing kingdom come deliverance. A bit slow to start but quite enjoyable. Can see it lasting me a few weeks.

I still keep dipping back in, and I've had it since release :D Got a few of the expansions to finish off, but it has been one of the stand out games of this generation for me - sure it can very very clunky at times, but it has been [possibly] the only game where you are dropped into an open world, as a complete blank canvass - and quite a useless one at that :D

As for games I'm playing - mainly Modern Warfare at the moment, but with the Alien Isolation thread popping back up - I'll likely fire that up again, and replay it for the 5th or 6th time.

Soldato
after two years of barely giving it a go (despite my son loving it), i'm finally 'getting into' fortnite. Only because a really good mate of mine is addicted to it having recently got a ps4, so it's just a laugh to go online and do duos with him. We've won a few...when we started it was obvious there were loads of bots on the servers we were playing, but as we've developed it definitely seems like there are fewer and fewer bots on there.

Can't build for toffee though. :(

Associate
Just finished Darksiders 3 which was a psn+ game from a few months ago. I quite liked it as mentioned in the Darksiders 3 post. Not a 10/10 game, it has a few things that can be iffy but overall I enjoyed it.

Now playing Zelda Link's awakening for the switch. I have played the original GB one up to last dungeon when I was a kid so this is really familiar but it looks and sounds nice.

Soldato
Sunk 3 hours in to Detroit Become Human last night. The time flew by and I felt very engrossed. I got to the point where android connor meets the detective and you have to try and figure out the murder scene. I got it all totally wrong though. Still loving the concept and playing some more tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sunk 3 hours in to Detroit Become Human last night. The time flew by and I felt very engrossed. I got to the point where android Jordan meets the detective and you have to try and figure out the murder scene. I got it all totally wrong though. Still loving the concept and playing some more tonight.

Really enjoyed it, great story telling, and characters I really cared for too.

Soldato
I have just finished Metro Exodus.

When it first came out it wasn’t received that well and because I wasn’t too impressed with last light I didn’t bother with Exodus.

I actually quite enjoyed Exodus though. Other than some really bad voice acting in parts I found the story and lore were engaging and locations were nice and varied.

There have been numerous things I have read about clunky physics, lag and crashing. The game crashed on me twice in a total play through time of 32hrs. Which brings me on to my next point - the game took me 32hrs to finish and to be honest I didn’t do that much exploring so still plenty of extra stuff to see.

I wasn't aware till the end that there are different endings a la S.T.A.L.K.E.R but I was pleased that my performance got me the good ending.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the game and found it really challenging (still annoyed at myself for losing my NV goggles but I managed without).

Soldato
Bit of a catch up for me: I played Outer Wilds a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, a brilliant indie game about space exploration with some puzzle and mystery solving thrown in. Thoroughly enjoyable and very impressively put together.

Tried Spiderman after having it on my shelf for about a year, technically very impressive but just not a game for me, too many combos to remember and the exploration of the city felt a bit shallow given that you're just swinging from building to building. Obviously a very competent Spiderman game but I was hoping it'd appeal to me in the same way Batman: Arkham Asylum did. Sadly not.

Then went back and finally finished off Watch Dogs 2. I don't really know why, the storyline and characters were rubbish and the overall flow of the game and missions was totally off; you'd finish a mission in the "hacker space" hideout, then one of the other hackers would call you (even though they're in the same room as you) and tell you to get back to the hacker space because they've just discovered something. That said, the city was fun to explore and was nicely designed (aside from the ridiculously long bridges), and it's got one of the most enjoyable multiplayer modes of any game I've played, where you can secretly appear in someone else's game while they're playing, then you have to hack them and stay a certain distance from them without being discovered. Great fun.

I've now decided to work through a few PS+ games I've ignored over the past couple of years, starting with Mafia III. Not sure about it so far, the controls feel clunky at times and the visuals are jarring, with some of the environments and vehicles looking great whilst faces and facial animations look decidedly poor.

I have just finished Metro Exodus.

When it first came out it wasn’t received that well and because I wasn’t too impressed with last light I didn’t bother with Exodus.

I actually quite enjoyed Exodus though. Other than some really bad voice acting in parts I found the story and lore were engaging and locations were nice and varied.

There have been numerous things I have read about clunky physics, lag and crashing. The game crashed on me twice in a total play through time of 32hrs. Which brings me on to my next point - the game took me 32hrs to finish and to be honest I didn’t do that much exploring so still plenty of extra stuff to see.

I wasn't aware till the end that there are different endings a la S.T.A.L.K.E.R but I was pleased that my performance got me the good ending.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the game and found it really challenging (still annoyed at myself for losing my NV goggles but I managed without).

I really enjoyed Exodus, some of it felt quite clunky (the UI is especially dated by modern standards) but overall I found it quite polished. Some of the larger areas were a bit awkward to explore, if only because I didn't know if I should be going to certain areas in some maps before an actual mission took me there.

The first of the DLC packs was quite good too, nothing spectacular but it filled in a nice bit of story that was touched upon in the main game. Looking forward to seeing what they bigger, longer one next year brings.

Man of Honour
Just finished Darksiders 3 which was a psn+ game from a few months ago. I quite liked it as mentioned in the Darksiders 3 post. Not a 10/10 game, it has a few things that can be iffy but overall I enjoyed it.

Now playing Zelda Link's awakening for the switch. I have played the original GB one up to last dungeon when I was a kid so this is really familiar but it looks and sounds nice.

Darksiders 1 and 2 just got removed from game pass, but they added 3. I was disappointed as the third one got much lower review scores, but I didn't get a chance to try the first two.

Is the third one worth playing as my first entry into the series?

Associate
No. But then maybe yes lol. It's nowhere near the quality of the first two. But you've not played those. So it might not be as jarring for you.

If you'd played the first two I'd tell you to avoid it.

Soldato
Just started another play through of RDR 2, Alien Isolation, and have picked up God Of War on PSN (never played it) - still playing MW MP, and have countless other games I'll likely dip in an out of over the Winter months.

Still keep thinking how nice it would be, to be unemployed; so I'd get time to clock all of these games, but the Misses is house shopping again - so I better keep turning up for work :D

Associate
Just finished MW campaign. Enjoyed a few parts of it, graphics look awesome, but just generally quite disappointing.

Been playing a load of Forza Horizon 4 at the moment when I only have a short amount of time to play. Really easy to jump in, do a few races or challenges then jump out.

Next is RDR2 after picking up a cheap copy online. Havent had a game really grip me for a while, not since BotW I think, so high hopes for this.

Back
Top Bottom