Star Citizen - Is it worth playing yet?

Soldato
No regrets personally.

Having said that I've completely stopped following it for a while as I was bored re-configuring my controls every patch.

Also I don't recommend the game to anyone, it's too incomplete to do so.

Soldato
I pledged £50 right back at the start.

I don't feel cheated as such, because, I'd like to believe anyway, there was genuine intention to raise money to make a great game, at that stage anyway.

I lost all hopes of that quite a few years ago, it's a shame.

It bewilders me how they got it so wrong with some much cash being raised, I think they bit off more than they could chew.

Anyone who is still sending them money though needs their head examined.

Associate
Last time I logged in that game it was a hangar with my ship in it.
Definitely a tech demo feel back then.

Several games in same genre were released and grown old since then. Definitely two iterations of Elite Dangerous happened.
Sort of lost interest in what SC will be as they were working on first player shooter side of things. Yes, I get it, you used the 3d engine from a FPS, it is easy to do an FPS game on it. Doesn't mean you had to.
Not quite sure what I wanted it to be. Sort of what I imagine EVE is, having never played EVE, with fights based on human skill not maths.

Soldato
They are past the point of being able to rush it, it’s so complicated now that it’s impossible to detangle the various overly complex mechanics etc.

It either comes out or goes down as the biggest mess in gaming history. Flip a coin.. :)

Soldato
...Wish i hadn't pledged.. feel so abused.. self inflicted abuse ha.

Shame really, i remember when i first pledged it supported 680 SLI gpu's... has been a fair few years hasn't it.

Think about this way though, you're one of the smarter backers, you only let yourself get robbed once. Some of the idiots still backing this sham are thousands deep now and on top of that have a serious kool-aid addiction.

Soldato
I pledged £50 right back at the start.

I don't feel cheated as such, because, I'd like to believe anyway, there was genuine intention to raise money to make a great game, at that stage anyway.

I lost all hopes of that quite a few years ago, it's a shame.

It bewilders me how they got it so wrong with some much cash being raised, I think they bit off more than they could chew.

Anyone who is still sending them money though needs their head examined.

Come on the warning was in the Wing Commander film. Investing in any game after that and you are asking for trouble ! ;)

Soldato
Think about this way though, you're one of the smarter backers, you only let yourself get robbed once. Some of the idiots still backing this sham are thousands deep now and on top of that have a serious kool-aid addiction.
Well they sort of have to believe don't they! Literally thousands of dollars 'pledged' over the years by some people. At one point when I was gullible I had a pixel Constellation, but came to my senses a few years ago, managed to get a refund when the **** hit the fan (who was that guy who caused CIG some grief?) and then got the cheapest version (with sqn 42) you could get. Even now I doubt it will ever be finished, as said above, there's no reason for them to finish it while the money keeps rolling in...

Back
Top Bottom