Europa Universalis IV

Soldato
Do you have a second monitor which is 60hz? I found I had to play borderless windowed in CK2 on my setup as scrolling around the map was jerky. There is a wiki somewhere with how to set it up so that it is fully borderless rather than just a window with the taskbar visible etc. This was with a gsync 144hz screen on display port and a 60hz second screen on hdmi. I've not played for some time now though, drivers may have fixed this since. I found I had to completely disable gsync altogether when playing the older HoI3 and EU3 games, as the game lagged massively whenever there was any disk access.

Man of Honour
Do you have a second monitor which is 60hz? I found I had to play borderless windowed in CK2 on my setup as scrolling around the map was jerky. There is a wiki somewhere with how to set it up so that it is fully borderless rather than just a window with the taskbar visible etc. This was with a gsync 144hz screen on display port and a 60hz second screen on hdmi. I've not played for some time now though, drivers may have fixed this since. I found I had to completely disable gsync altogether when playing the older HoI3 and EU3 games, as the game lagged massively whenever there was any disk access.
Hey,

Thanks for this, I only have the one monitor but I tried your suggestion of using Borderless Window in the main setup options before it loads the main game and it finally worked, so I'm now running at 144hz in game, phew!

It's a lot smoother, especially when scrolling around the map, animations are a lot better as well.

I'm not sure if its just the Borderless Window thing or a combination of the edited notepad settings I'd previously done, as I could have sworn I'd tried Borderless? It's working as it should now which is the main thing.

Thanks again guys, now on to confusing myself with the ten million options available :eek: :p

Soldato
£26.29 for a bundle that includes what I think most people here say are the must have packs

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5173/Europa_Universalis_IV_Empire_Founder_Pack/

not as cheap as I thought it might be for such a old game.

Define "old game"? Is still updated, still receives massive DLCs. So is not some abandoned 6y old game.
Also with £26.29 you are looking for the next 1000 hours at least of gameplay. Something that cannot be said for today's games.

Associate
Define "old game"? Is still updated, still receives massive DLCs. So is not some abandoned 6y old game.
Also with £26.29 you are looking for the next 1000 hours at least of gameplay. Something that cannot be said for today's games.

oh no Didn’t mean it that way just mean main game was released a while ago.

I’m not questioning its value defo worth it, Me personally I was just looking for a no brainer price if you know what I mean to give me that excuse to buy it because I have a tonne of backlog to play :)

I will defo pick up at somepoint just maybe not right now

Soldato
oh no Didn’t mean it that way just mean main game was released a while ago.

I’m not questioning its value defo worth it, Me personally I was just looking for a no brainer price if you know what I mean to give me that excuse to buy it because I have a tonne of backlog to play :)

I will defo pick up at somepoint just maybe not right now

July was £60 with all DLCs, similarly CK2 also. You won't see such offer until next year.

Associate
For what it's worth I watched the EU4 prices over 2-3 Steam and PDX sales and the cost was pretty much the same each time, there were slight differences with some of the DLC but it was negligible, so if you are looking to buy it I would just bite the bullet and go for it whilst it's on sale.

PDX released a free update for it recently and are working on another DLC which is due next year, so I doubt the cost will drop significantly any time soon.

I did have the same reservations as you before buying it, but i haven't regretted it for a second, I can easily see how some people have invested thousands of hours in to it

@Panos I've finally finished my Portugal campaign, following your suggestions (although not exactly), was able to take all of Castile's land with the help of Aragon and despite my doubts it was probably one of the most enjoyable campaigns I've done, they certainly do become a power house with a bit of patience :)

Associate
Would be nice if they did a free Tutorial DLC instead of the crap one it has. I'm sure I could watch 4000 hours of Youtube videos to get what is going on but would be nice if they did it themselves

Soldato
Would be nice if they did a free Tutorial DLC instead of the crap one it has. I'm sure I could watch 4000 hours of Youtube videos to get what is going on but would be nice if they did it themselves

The EU4 tutorial explains everything and you would be still learning new mechanics on your 1000 hours playing the actual game
However if you want a short tutorial look for "Arumba EU4 with Monk 004" series.

Soldato
Gents (and any ladies). Tomorrow Thursday the EU4 Grand Lan Party starts. It would be constantly streamed from the Paradox Interactive Twitch account.
Please check if there is going to be streaming Today (Wednesday) after 4pm GMT/UTC from the extra day fun session.

In the mean time going to take the offered fencing lessons on Friday morning, to resolve the last day disputes with a proper sword fight instead of wasting the lives of millions of Prussian troops Space Marines :D

Pomerania is the team starting country, which is a very tough start, and consists of a German who played last year (Livonia Order initially and Malacca-Malaya afterwards), myself and an Australian traveling from down unde with few friends who play on the Irish thunderdome.

omw to Poland today so stay tuned. If you want can post some sum up after every night session, assuming I would be sober enough at 2am :D

Soldato
Live stream starts at 1700 GMT.
Germany going to be the biggest thunder dome given that Saxony doesn't want to talk and goes for forming Prussia. Which means direct war against Pomerania which is my team starting country.

Back
Top Bottom