TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Also, what is not done today, might be done tomorrow.... Can you imagine how many folk might get flagged up if they did start trawling through every isp records? They are held for at least a year nowadays!

What is the latest status of snoopers charter, i thought most ISP's had basically refused to keep records as originally required?

Permabanned
Nasty bunch this lot i have not watched anything in a year and they actually left me alone after 9 years of hounding me. It got to the point one day i was sitting out the back with my parents and this TV chap walked into the back yard, Sat down and pulled out his book asking who lives here OMG!!!

The guy got chased, I should have reported him but i cba they are basically low lifes thugs for the BBC.

Soldato
Nasty bunch this lot i have not watched anything in a year and they actually left me alone after 9 years of hounding me.
So you were watching stuff while not having a license for 8 years?

Guardian website said:
A subscription service like Netflix would mean people having to opt in to watch programmes on BBC channels and listen to its radio stations.
Quite surprised such a high level paper would get this wrong, you don't need any license for radio at all.

Permabanned
So you were watching stuff while not having a license for 8 years?

Quite surprised such a high level paper would get this wrong, you don't need any license for radio at all.

I do not watch BBC at all ilegally, I refused to prove that and provide my info which i am perfectly entitled. Yet they hounded me for 9 years at taxpayers expense.

Permabanned

Indeed as the poster above me said it is my right to privacy, And also the right to remain innocent until guilty. They have literally no right how would you like it if say you had a car off the road in a garage and the Gov kept hassling you presuming you are using it without tax and imsurance and calling at the door?

They are presuming or were everyone watches TV and they must be allowed in to prove it. Look at the TV goon who was looking in the little 7yo girls bedroom window for example.

Soldato
Thats how they break down rights and erode freedoms though, I won anyways thier gone now and the BBC bias content sucks.
How would you know if you don't view it. ?

;)

(Just joking btw)
Seriously tho I guess I am wrong but I always thought if you had a device capable of recieving a TV signal you had to pay for the licence.(I don't agree with it but I thought it was just a tax for owning a TV)

Soldato
how would you like it if say you had a car off the road in a garage and the Gov kept hassling you presuming you are using it without tax and insurance and calling at the door?

If it meant being hassled for 9 years or just showing them the car was off the road, then definitely the latter.

Caporegime
Looking into cancelling my license, I don’t watch TV full stop these days, what little I do watch is YouTube or Amazon and occasional Sky news (all via the web on my PC) and I deleted my iplayer account a few months back.

Is there an online cancellation form or do I have to call them as I’m currently being directed to do or would cancelling my direct debit have the same effect?

My monitor is a 4K LG 43” TV but it’s not connected to either a satellite dish nor coaxial aerial, just the HDMI into my PC.

Soldato
Looking into cancelling my license, I don’t watch TV full stop these days, what little I do watch is YouTube or Amazon and occasional Sky news (via the web) and I deleted my iplayer account a few months back.

Is there an online cancellation form or do I have to call them as I’m currently being directed to do or would cancelling my direct debit have the same effect?

Sky news via the web would count as watching live tv so you still need your license. Unless you mean you watch old clips.

Caporegime
Sky news via the web would count as watching live tv so you still need your license. Unless you mean you watch old clips.
Yes, just clips - I don’t sit and watch the news, I’ve got my radio on all day at work so I’ve always had my fill by the evening, I do sometimes like to catch a clip of whatever I was listening to earlier.

Soldato
Looking into cancelling my license, I don’t watch TV full stop these days, what little I do watch is YouTube or Amazon

Almost the same, more than half of the "TV" i watch is Youtube via a HTPC connected to my TV

You just fill a form online, but from experience, you'll have to do it every few months as even though it's supposed to work for a year they still bother you

Soldato
If it meant being hassled for 9 years or just showing them the car was off the road, then definitely the latter.
Accept for with the TV licence people just showing them has a high chance of making things worse and creating more hassle even if you are doing nothing wrong.

Why should we let a company that we have no products with, no contract with walk around our homes inspecting all our rooms, keep our name, address, personal information on record. How can you find that reasonable? Would you let Microsoft or Apple inspect your home and keep your name, address, personal information even if you had zero Microsoft/Apple products?

Back
Top Bottom