Xbox Project Xcloud

Associate
Has anyone else received an invite for the testing?

I received my invite last night and was pretty impressed with the picture quality. There was a noticeable input delay, so will be interesting to see how/if that improves. I only jumped on for 10 minutes last night as it was late so it may have been network traffic in my house interfering, it was too late and I was too tired to check.

Will test further this weekend.

Associate
OP
Have you connected the controller via bluetooth or USB? I wonder if input times are potentially improved by a usb connection?

Soldato
Have you connected the controller via bluetooth or USB? I wonder if input times are potentially improved by a usb connection?

Bluetooth on mine, played Killer Instinct and it looks nice, but even with good WiFi was pretty laggy and pixelats like a DVB signal breaking up.

Soldato
Mine looked rocked solid (Vodafone 80mb with the vox3 router) but I'm not sure I enjoyed the overall experience. I have a OnePlus 7 pro and with the black bars down the sides the image was too small.

They need to add Forza to the beta testing.

Associate
Need to add few features to custom os e.g. join game, messages

Custom controller overlay will be great, so you don't always need controller.

I do find 4g not cutting it for me, we need 5g for streaming.

Associate
OP
I've been testing the console streaming today. Played Red Dead 2 online on my note 10 across my wifi. No issues experienced.

Im away a few nights with work this week so will be testing it over hotel WiFi and 4g

Soldato
So I got my invite and gave it a quick go last night on my Pixel 3 on a 5Ghz WiFi, in the same room as the router.

Played Tomb Raider for all of two minutes as the lag was absolutely awful.

Played Ori for five minutes and I couldn't even tell it was running on xCloud, very smooth.

Soldato
I tested soul calibur and wwe this morning and whilst the image quality dropped at time the responsiveness was very impressive and I am somebody who is very sceptical when it comes to streaming games.

Associate
I tested soul calibur and wwe this morning and whilst the image quality dropped at time the responsiveness was very impressive and I am somebody who is very sceptical when it comes to streaming games.

Staida just better, why I gave it a chance to see for myself.

Soldato
Got my invite. Just trying to decide whether to buy an Xbox pad or not. PS4 pad support is coming next year and I've already got two of those plus a phone mount.

Back
Top Bottom