Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Permabanned
Its just perspective distortion, this boat is the perfect size for me :D

I just sent my photo, have at it :p

I’ll upload it when I wake up, not on my windows machine at moment. My iphones rotating the photos when I upload them for some stupid reason. It did it on 3 this morning and everyone was on their side. lol

This thing is going to be a bit of a weapon. It is a racing grade carbon fibre hull and I'll be fitting a 7bhp 15cc Nitro engine to it. Hoping for speeds of 50mph+

that’s a canny thing to get into but a 50mph boat could do some serious damage!

PS - you need this one @Phate

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/392445034340

Caporegime
that’s a canny thing to get into but a 50mph boat could do some serious damage!

You joke! These days at the organised race championships they now have designated viewing areas after far far too many near misses of boats colliding and then suddenly you have a small yet very solid missile heading towards some bystanders :eek:

I do not know of anyone who has been hit by a boat but I have heard & seen of many near misses. Including one which ended up in a tree!

Permabanned
You joke! These days at the organised race championships they now have designated viewing areas after far far too many near misses of boats colliding and then suddenly you have a small yet very solid missile heading towards some bystanders :eek:

I do not know of anyone who has been hit by a boat but I have heard & seen of many near misses. Including one which ended up in a tree!

boats are meant to stay in water lol could you imaging the damage it would do to someone. Exactly like a bullet!

Soldato
Indeed, I am happy to do a build thread in November when I am likely coming to the UK and taking a week off work, can build it in that time. If anyone is interested :)

Balancing wise is not too bad. The supplier told me where the centre of gravity is, so you make a mark and position the equipment in the boat (it more or less goes in the same place with each boat/build anyway, a bit like a PC) and then fine tune it until its balancing on the COG. Mark the position and that is where you will fit the parts :)

The boat did come with a lot o the hardware to fit inside, but I thought it would be mostly lost on this forum, so I didn't share that.

Here is a similar but smaller boat of mine, its got a heavier fibreglass hull with a slightly less powerful engine and quickly accelerates to about 40-43mph (tested via GPS speedo) - they do not hang about! Just big boys toys :)

If you start a build thread then I'll be following it. By my rough calculations (about 1:10 scale?) you''re hitting 500mph in some pretty horrendous waters! :cool:

Caporegime
boats are meant to stay in water lol could you imaging the damage it would do to someone. Exactly like a bullet!
I'll give you an example. In June I was at the lake controlling Dad's small yet rapid catamaran, and another large mono style hull was also in the water.

I had radio failure, so lost Comms with the boat whilst taking a large right hand turn. Quick discussion was Dad then it became apparent that we'd just have to wait a few minutes for it to run out of fuel.

Anyway, the other boat stalls right in the pathway of the small cat. As it's coming around the turn again it's now facing us directly, it hits the other boat, launches itself over the top of it, it now in the air and coming right at us :D

I'll never forget the silence on the jetti as all eyes watched this small green bullet land just in the water Infront of the jetti and then the engine died. :eek:

Soldato
You mean, a little like we do here in the UK then? (O2 even show you the two prices :) )

Good price though. Do you know what the $800 credit was for?

I never saw that in England when i was there, i only saw the whole monthly price, i was with Three and was paying like £59 / month for my phone and contract.

I've got a feeling that the credit is from a different offer they had on. They were offering $425 cash back with a bonus $150 cash back on top, then 6 months half price line rental. They may have accidentally combined both offers :D

Soldato
Why did your structural engineer place that beam like that? Should have been higher so there was no box, it would have resulted in it feeling like one space rather than two. More work granted, however worth it.

Soldato
Why did your structural engineer place that beam like that? Should have been higher so there was no box, it would have resulted in it feeling like one space rather than two. More work granted, however worth it.
It was a LOT of work upstairs to do that and wasn't worth it (it's a BIG steel). It actually works well as the kitchen will be on the back wall (you can't see it in the pic) and all the space you see there will be living - so it acts as a natural room separation anyway.

Soldato
Ah ok, will work nicely then. Mine was a lot of work, the steel was so heavy so I feel the pain.
Really nice space though and I like the design rather than the usual pitched roof which is what we ended up with. Looks smart

Soldato
ZbBhNzKl.jpg
Big (but not expensive) car cleaning kit. Largely bought it because it comes with a bucket so I'm hoping it can be stored in it!

May aswell use plain water. Bought a couple of this product and it is terrible....so much so I do actually only use water to clean the car. Waiting for offers to come on AD cleaning products 1st November.

Soldato
Some new goodies for the office. Goodbye Maxnomic chairs; and hello super ergonomic Steelcase Leap V2s. It's an absolute pleasure on this ole back of mine.

MAimGHVl.jpg THumq4Fl.jpg
ZtThLVwl.jpg

Nice. I got a Gesture due to the larger seat pan + arms + plus it can lean back further.

However, I have always been interested in trying out the Leap just for the fact the seat pan moves as you lean back, unlike the gesture for some reason. Ordering new was roughly the same price though so I just opted for the newer model.

Was that brand new orders or just refurnished ones?

Soldato
Nice. I got a Gesture due to the larger seat pan + arms + plus it can lean back further.

However, I have always been interested in trying out the Leap just for the fact the seat pan moves as you lean back, unlike the gesture for some reason. Ordering new was roughly the same price though so I just opted for the newer model.

Was that brand new orders or just refurnished ones?

I was really considering the Gesture for similar reasons. Although with the back slope set to its most, I can comfortably lean back more than enough. You’re right about the seat moving, it’s great!

The Gestures seat movement control is much better, but it sliding with you reclining on the Leap V2 is wonderful.

I got these refurbished instead of new. Both together less than the price of a single new Gesture, and not a mark on these. With completely new upholstery, cushions, chrome base, and casters.
Just the Red’s arm pads feel a little too soft or worn, but you can get replacements for about $36 from the bay of e.

Still taking some time getting use to them over my old Maxnomic chair. That cost me more than the Leap 5 years ago, but was well worn and in Just right by now comfy, before the cats, fake leather, and pealing and cushioning went.

Another thing Gesture is better at from what Ive seen is the normal sit position. The gesture isn’t a full near 90 degree seat, more like 100 slightly backwards when you sit. So it might be a smidge more comfy depending on how you prefer to sit.
The Leap tries to keep you upright, and from slouching.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't tried this before but when I saw the 1l bottle for £20 I got it.

IMG-0912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom