Star Citizen - Is it worth playing yet?

Soldato
How did you manage that? why is a an accouint with no ships in it so valuable?

My account had a golden ticket on it. You got a golden ticket by being one of the first 50,000 backers.

The golden ticket doesn't actually do anything, they just said they promise it will be a good reward...at some point. Its value is based on nothing but hype.

Associate
Just seen the Digital Foundry video on this. Can it be played fully with an Xbox One pad? I know, I know don't tell me to use a kb+m I game on big TV and only use controller.

Thanks,
Sean

Soldato
Also, this nonsense about it being "scam" is just so damn dumb. There are so much easier ways to scam people of money than to assemble team of 500 developers and work on a game for 6 years.

Star Citizen is a pyramid scheme my friend. Chris Roberts for 7 years has said that he won't bring outside investor, yet in January this year brought investor in, as the project was running on the last $5 million, from total $300 million raised. Literally couldn't pay February salaries.

Has spend $46 million on marketing!!!!! Has wasted money & time trying techs and sub-games that are cancelled. Like Mantle, the FPS game which is canned. Has deadline pushed back year after year since 2014!!!!!
With no game to play atm.

SQ42, is now split into 3 x 20 hour long games, so when ever this comes out (early this year road-map had enough work for for 5 years not 1), it would cost ~$180 to play the 40 hours campaign. (the rest 20 hours are secondary missions)
Backers, those who got in to the "pyramid scheme" before 2015 (eg AMD voucher), have access to FPS game (now cancelled), multiplayer (SC) and single player (SQ42). Those entered afterwards have buy each one individually.....

All these IF and WHENEVER the game comes out.

And Chris Roberts has put family and friends into the business earning salaries & expenses, while traveling the world with the crowdfunded money.
Hell even bought a $5mil mansion.

All these absolutely legally. Because at the end of the day he says that backers can "play" the game right now. Which comprises of 2 half arsd planets, on a single system and nothing to do.

And is not the first time Chris Roberts trying to pull a fast one. However last few times had publishers like Microsoft chasing him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Star Citizen is a pyramid scheme my friend.
Cool. I honestly couldn't care less if you consider it "pyramid scheme" or whatever. I gave CIG zero dollars, played Star Citizen myself during a free week, found a super awesome looking game with ton of potential that already gave me around 15 hours of fun. The game costs 45 bucks to get permanent access and all future updates. If anyone spends more than that, that's their business. I love the technology and ambition on display. If the studio fails and the game never comes out, well that will be disappointing. But that's about it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
SQ42, is now split into 3 x 20 hour long games, so when ever this comes out (early this year road-map had enough work for for 5 years not 1), it would cost ~$180 to play the 40 hours campaign. (the rest 20 hours are secondary missions)
Backers, those who got in to the "pyramid scheme" before 2015 (eg AMD voucher), have access to FPS game (now cancelled), multiplayer (SC) and single player (SQ42). Those entered afterwards have buy each one individually.....
I have a very good package with LTI from back in the day so I will get everything free and ended up in profit after selling the AMD racing ship you got for £80 as I recall. So I am both in profit and if it ever does come out I get it all for free :D

Soldato
They started working on this game around the time Frontier announced Elite Dangerous. Just to put things in to prespective :p

Soldato
They started working on this game around the time Frontier announced Elite Dangerous. Just to put things in to prespective :p
True, though to be fair the scope is much bigger than Elite Dangerous. I'll still stick to my own personal preference of just spending money on officially finished and released titles. ;)

Soldato
Not sure it is tbh. Frontier plans for much of the same stuff to be added in future. But they had a realistic plan, delivered on time and started with a playable game.

Chris Roberts keeps wondering off to work on other things and not focusing on getting a basic game out for people to start playing.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not sure it is tbh. Frontier plans for much of the same stuff to be added in future. But they had a realistic plan, delivered on time and started with a playable game.

Chris Roberts keeps wondering off to work on other things and not focusing on getting a basic game out for people to start playing.
Is that game still in development? I was bored to tears playing that as it was so empty. Just feels like a procedurally generated sandbox. I may give it a go again in 5-10 years time if they ever add a story mode or something :p

Associate
This was an interesting link. Even in 2017 $30 million was just paying salaries. I think within the next year we are going to see an announcement of bankruptcy but as they have provided a "game" there will be no refunds. I'm not bothered about the $40 I spent in 2014 but I do feel sorry for the people who have spent $100's or $1000's on this.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

Associate
I was one of the first 30,000 backers and I asked for a refund in 2016 or 2017 for the £30 pledge I made. They gave me back the money and I still kept my account, just with no ship. Then I sold my account for £200 3 months ago.

Thanks Star Citizen

where did you sell it? I have a golden ticket and tried a year or so ago but no takers, didn't really know where to sell it though

Soldato
My account had a golden ticket on it. You got a golden ticket by being one of the first 50,000 backers.

The golden ticket doesn't actually do anything, they just said they promise it will be a good reward...at some point. Its value is based on nothing but hype.

Blimey and that didn't set off people's scam radar immediately?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven of snake-oil. But well done for selling it off to some utter rube.

Back
Top Bottom