MSI X570 gaming edge WiFi problem with Ram

Associate
Hi all,

I having issues with my new 3900x and this motherboard I can’t get the ram past the default 2133 even though they are 3600 kits. I just noticed that both kits are not on the QVL.

do you have to have ram that is on the QVL list to make it work?

move oreered a new board gigabyte and was going to swap but realised that the ram isn’t on the the gigabyte QVL either.
I’ve never had this problem before with ram compatibility as I’ve had intel for ever.

is this a thing with x570 boards?

Associate
OP
People have been getting good results pairing Micron E-die with 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ballistix-sport-lt-overclocking.18861166/
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MT/s uses Micron E-die and is great value for money right now.

Also the MSI X570 Gaming Edge WiFi has a very poor VRM implementation and isn't recommended for the 3900X.
Thanks for that, I didn’t realise about that motherboard, I tried out a gigabyte one today and still the same result. I’ve actually lost faith at the moment and am going to send everything back, I’ve tried so many times and have found both boards difficult to work with and also very slow to post, my z97 posts faster than both of them!!

Associate
Thanks for that, I didn’t realise about that motherboard, I tried out a gigabyte one today and still the same result. I’ve actually lost faith at the moment and am going to send everything back, I’ve tried so many times and have found both boards difficult to work with and also very slow to post, my z97 posts faster than both of them!!
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time with the new hardware. It might be the RAM being problematic. But if you're close to the end of the return window, then it's understandable that you'd just want to return everything.

Associate
The POST on X570 boards does seem to be really slow.

Could you not just switch on XMP profiles? I had trouble when manually doing anything much with the RAM, but switch on XMP and it was fine.

Associate
OP
The POST on X570 boards does seem to be really slow.

Could you not just switch on XMP profiles? I had trouble when manually doing anything much with the RAM, but switch on XMP and it was fine.
No as soon as I switched on Xmp the bios would freeze had to just turn it off, not sure if the processor I had was defective or not.

Back
Top Bottom