• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do you use for stress testing?

Soldato
Hi,

I know it's old but I was using Heaven to OC and UV my Vega 56.

I got it to 1600mhz after loads of tweaking with Heaven running in window mode and was happy with everything.

When in game I don't use an overlay but sometimes I have HW monitor in the background and check it when I've finished gaming and the GPU reported hitting 1700mhz which is a massive difference to what wattman reported with Heaven running.

What does everyone use to stress test and OC and then monitor in game? I think I'm a bit behind with the software I'm using!

Thanks

Permabanned
Heaven and Valley as IMO the former will show errors in Core and later will do the same for Memory, I can run 2100mhz Core looped X times in Valley but not quiet stable in Heaven so drops a notch or two.

Associate
I just set up my overclock , then put it in a room with my Girlfriend for 24 hours , no need for realbench or prime , if it passes that stress test its bomb proof

Soldato
Hi,

I got it to 1600mhz after loads of tweaking with Heaven running in window mode and was happy with everything.

When in game I don't use an overlay but sometimes I have HW monitor in the background and check it when I've finished gaming and the GPU reported hitting 1700mhz which is a massive difference to what wattman reported with Heaven running.

What does everyone use to stress test and OC and then monitor in game? I think I'm a bit behind with the software I'm using!

Thanks

Metro Exodus, Gears 5 and BFV all run at 4K max settings for a minimum of 1 hour each, As for monitoring I use Hwinfo64 and Afterburner.

I just set up my overclock , then put it in a room with my Girlfriend for 24 hours , no need for realbench or prime , if it passes that stress test its bomb proof

This is golden hahahaahahahahahahahaha XD

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok thanks, let's rephrase slightly

Why did heaven max my GPU out at 1600mhz and actual gaming caused it to hit 1700mhz

Heaven doesn't report clocks properly, According to it I'm running 2100MHz on my 2080 Ti when in actual fact I have it sitting at stock settings of around 1800MHz, Personally I'd only use either Hwinfo or GPU-Z to monitor clocks.

Example, Heaven vs actual clocks.

sHpxIO8.png

Last edited:
Soldato
For memory OC: AC Odyssey
For Core OC: Witcher 3
General OC performance: Ashes of the Singularity & Strange Brigade & Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'd only use synthetics for the quick & dirty OC to know what the limit is real quick, eg 3dmark. But ALWAYS fine-tune it with actual games. This is with a V64.

Caporegime
Metro Exodus, Gears 5 and BFV all run at 4K max settings for a minimum of 1 hour each, As for monitoring I use Hwinfo64 and Afterburner.

This is golden hahahaahahahahahahahaha XD
I’ve always found the Battlefield games are very sensitive to an unstable overclock. More so than any other game I’ve found.

Soldato
Just play games. All this stress testing with heaven and other benchmark programs is a waste of time really. Games stress your system in ways that benchmark programs don't.

Soldato
Hi,

Thanks

Timespy graphics test 2

Back
Top Bottom