**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I'm really not bothered about it being 12GB or 8GB of RAM - it's the drop in storage that is bothering me!

Still leaning towards the 7T over the Pro though purely down to the flat screen!

Associate
Oh yeah 12GB is totally overkill, my wife's Pixel 3XL is smooth with just 4GB. If I was paying cash I wouldn't have gone for the highest one but in installments it was "only" 20 quid extra per month so why not :)

Soldato
Hmm. I'd heard the rumours about the wireless charging but had hoped they weren't true as it's the one thing I reckon I'll miss on my newly ordered 7t Pro.
I don't understand why they'd go to a hole punch, surely the notchless display is better? Have OnePlus detected a weakness in their pop-up system or have they just abandoned the idea?

Soldato
Have OnePlus detected a weakness in their pop-up system or have they just abandoned the idea?

I reckon that popup camera must add a little few dollars to the bill of materials over the cost of an in-display camera. On top of that, every reviewer reckons it gathers dust. Maybe it's also harder to add an IP rating with the popup module. All-in-all, I'd guess it's a combination of things.

Associate
Just got my 7t pro (Screw dpd and trying to deliver to wrong address again)

Massive difference from s8+, i've never used wireless charging so it's not bother me. Shutter speed in auto seems a bit slow to me though, harder to capture anything slightly moving.

Associate
That was something I noticed on my 6t. When trying to fire off a quick snap I (or it) failed 9 times out of 10.
I can't recall if the Gcam mod helped but something tells me it didn't.

I'm going to try mess with the settings, surprised didn't come with a sports setting as standard f/1.6 should be fairly bright.

Soldato
Standard 7T arrived today from Amazon. went for this over the pro as sick of curved screens. They serve no purpose apart from looks In my opinion.

anyway thought I’d give it a try. Very impressive!

im with Vodafone and WiFi calling and VoLTE doesn’t work straight out of the box, has to use this guide to get it working https://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-enable-volte-and-vowifi-on-oneplus-7-pro/

Soldato
Hello, can someone help me I'm going crazy, I have a oneplus 7 pro and whenever I watch a stream that is 1080p on twitch app its a black screen with sound. I have found only one thread on the community forum about it as it appears to be a oneplus 7 pro problem solely, but there has been no answers to why it happens?

Anyone have a workaround or a reason or a possible way it can be fixed?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello, can someone help me I'm going crazy, I have a oneplus 7 pro and whenever I watch a stream that is 1080p on twitch app its a black screen with sound. I have found only one thread on the community forum about it as it appears to be a oneplus 7 pro problem solely, but there has been no answers to why it happens?

Anyone have a workaround or a reason or a possible way it can be fixed?

Try enabling developer options and enable the "Disable HW overlays" option and see if that works mate.

Soldato
Try enabling developer options and enable the "Disable HW overlays" option and see if that works mate.
I tried, but no dice.

Is this the same for anyone else here with a op7 pro?

#edit I can watch some streams in 1080p but not my friends or my own, both recorded with the nvidia overlay thing, could that be the issue? A codec?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom