Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
To be fair, I think most people start with just a wheel and it expands from there. Up until I changed to the above I'd spent ~15 years with desk mounted Logitech wheels (DFP, G25, G27 then G29). I just decided to go all out and do it properly :)

Soldato
Got the Fanatec CSR currently but waiting on the feelvr if it ever happens. If my csr breaks before then I’ll probably get one of the ones you’ve mentioned.

Where are you racing these days? I haven't done any for quite a few months and I'm starting to miss it.

Soldato
Where are you racing these days? I haven't done any for quite a few months and I'm starting to miss it.
Honestly, I went through a season on F1 2019 and haven't played much since finishing it - I've been busy in and out of work and playing some non racing games when I got a chance to play (finished Kingdom Come Deliverance).

I did have a little blast of Wreckfest the other day which is quite fun but I'll probably do some racing this weekend as the missus is away Saturday.

Soldato
Honestly, I went through a season on F1 2019 and haven't played much since finishing it - I've been busy in and out of work and playing some non racing games when I got a chance to play (finished Kingdom Come Deliverance).

I did have a little blast of Wreckfest the other day which is quite fun but I'll probably do some racing this weekend as the missus is away Saturday.

Fair enough. I want to get back into competitive online racing. Nothing too serious which is why I'm reluctant to jump into iRacing, but serious enough to have some decent racing. Anyway, hope to see you on track again sometime.

Soldato
Fair enough. I want to get back into competitive online racing. Nothing too serious which is why I'm reluctant to jump into iRacing, but serious enough to have some decent racing. Anyway, hope to see you on track again sometime.
I ended up being too busy to do any racing! Nevermind. Probably worth looking at SRS for AC if you want something like iRacing?

Thinking of getting a car seat from scrappy/breakers and build a stand for it. Anyone recommend a good comfy, yet supportive one?
Mine is from an Astra (mark 5), it's pretty comfy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thinking of getting a car seat from scrappy/breakers and build a stand for it. Anyone recommend a good comfy, yet supportive one?

Do you drive in real life? what car do you have? If you find your real car comfortable, maybe that is a good starting point.

For the most part though, every genuine car seat is designed with ergonomics in mind and will be comfortable and supportive. I originally tried to find an OEM sporty seat - Golf GTI's, Audi S lines, Honda Type R etc. seats but struggled to find any at a reasonable price that weren't a full set. In the end, I went for a Mk2 MX5 'tombstone' seat as I like the design of the seat and it looks good on my stand. It probably is a little narrow for me but it is comfortable enough to spend several hours racing without issue.

Soldato

I got one from an Alfa Romeo in grey Italian leather, already mounted on a custom steel frame by the previous owner (a squaddie who's Alfa was trashed while he was away on tour so he salvaged the seat and turned into a gaming chair). It's very comfortable and pretty swish too, and he only wanted £10 for it!

I ended up being too busy to do any racing! Nevermind. Probably worth looking at SRS for AC if you want something like iRacing?

Yes, I'll definitely give SRS a try. I started looking into it last year but never got it going. Cheers.

Soldato
Decided to take an updated photo:
9Q5zZ3U.jpg

So this is:
GT Omega ART with a Mk V Astra Seat
Fanatec CSR
Fanatec CSL Elite LC Pedals
SHH 7R Shifter
G25 Shifter (used as a button box/handbrake)

Last edited:
Associate
wow, i was looking around at advice for a steering wheel and opened up a whole new world.

Having played project cars2 on VR with a controller im on the radar for one of the logitec wheels. Looking at some of the setups, i think this is going to get expensive :p

Soldato

Give the "Classic Summer 2018 FFB Profile" mod a try from the Steam Workshop. This made the cars more driveable for me on my T300 after the latest Wreckfest patches.

Doesn't break single player & works fine online too.

Soldato
wow, i was looking around at advice for a steering wheel and opened up a whole new world.

Having played project cars2 on VR with a controller im on the radar for one of the logitec wheels. Looking at some of the setups, i think this is going to get expensive :p

It only gets as expensive as you want it to be really. A wheel* is a massive step up over no wheel but IMO once you have a wheel it is diminishing returns. A Fanatec set up is better than a Logitech one but at, for example, 5x the price it isn't 5x the experience or 5x better. The same for DD (Direct Drive) wheels and Heuskinveld pedals 10x+ the price but not 10x better.

*assuming a force feedback wheel

Associate
It only gets as expensive as you want it to be really. A wheel* is a massive step up over no wheel but IMO once you have a wheel it is diminishing returns. A Fanatec set up is better than a Logitech one but at, for example, 5x the price it isn't 5x the experience or 5x better. The same for DD (Direct Drive) wheels and Heuskinveld pedals 10x+ the price but not 10x better.

*assuming a force feedback wheel

Like many hobbies then i guess. ill stick to a G29 around christmas and see where i go from there.

Back
Top Bottom