*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Free NES and SNES games currently, online game saves backup for most but not all games.

I should add that game saves are on the console itself and not the SD card so if you have any problems with it....

That's a bit of a poor design choice, would having an online subscription give you cloud saves?

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'd give Slay the Spire another go, I can win ~80% of my games so whilst luck can help it's rare that you're fighting a lost cause (at least until the higher ascension/new game+ levels).

How much have you played the game? If you are winning 80% of your runs I assume quite a while. I'm literally facing the occasional "boss" that can 2 shot me. Suddenly they are going to attack me for 48 damage and I can either try and knock their attack down or perhaps put up 15 block on my turn. Thats while their health is 250 or something. I just feel the early game progression is punishing and paced badly.

Man of Honour
How much have you played the game? If you are winning 80% of your runs I assume quite a while. I'm literally facing the occasional "boss" that can 2 shot me. Suddenly they are going to attack me for 48 damage and I can either try and knock their attack down or perhaps put up 15 block on my turn. Thats while their health is 250 or something. I just feel the early game progression is punishing and paced badly.
You might just not gel with strategy games. For example, how often do you get rid of cards? You should be getting rid of as many as possible to tune your deck to a specific strategy.

I reached the credits with all the characters after around 6 hours and this is my first card game, but I did grow up on RTS games.

Associate
Do we think there will be a Halloween sale? All of the Dooms are currently on sale on the PSN but I'd rather them on Switch. Be great to get all 3 for under a tenner.

Soldato

As Kreee said, you need to decide on a strategy, don't be afraid to skip picking up cards and discard ones you don't need. I've probably put in 50+ hours but my point is luck plays a part but the game is definitely not unfair and whilst bosses can hit hard, they're all beatable without needing perfect cards.

Man of Honour
Been playing overwatch all weekend, as a casual pick up and play and in handheld with the new grip and joystick covers it’s been great fun, the hours have just flown by

It does play well on the switch, but it takes ages to tweak the aiming as there are literally 20 settings to adjust!

You really have to use motion controls well to be competitive.

Soldato
It does play well on the switch, but it takes ages to tweak the aiming as there are literally 20 settings to adjust!

You really have to use motion controls well to be competitive.

Oh yeah the aiming took me ages to adjust to the point where I got it to a sensitivity I like then just got used to it. The joystick rubber covers that came with that grip make a considerable difference as well as they’re now a lot bigger and more comfortable to aim.

I do all my competitive gaming on the PC as that’s what I put most time into. The switch i just use for casual pick up and play so don’t think I’ll ever need to use motion controls.

Man of Honour
Oh yeah the aiming took me ages to adjust to the point where I got it to a sensitivity I like then just got used to it. The joystick rubber covers that came with that grip make a considerable difference as well as they’re now a lot bigger and more comfortable to aim.

I do all my competitive gaming on the PC as that’s what I put most time into. The switch i just use for casual pick up and play so don’t think I’ll ever need to use motion controls.

Overwatch is also a pretty casual game so it's not really necessary, but I play all my games competitively :p

Caporegime
Had my first extended session on a Switch at the weekend (beer, chicken wings, a play on the Vive Index and the Switch - oh my!!! :D:D) and I loved it! My wife liked the Wii/Wii U and it turns out even my mother-in-law plays the Wii U with her grandson. Hopefully going to get one together as our Christmas present to each other. The only question is which game(s)? They are damn expensive (how!?). I played Mario Party for the first time and think this would be a good first or second game as everyone can play but also loved Mario Tennis Aces. Zelda, Mario Odyssey and other AAA single player games will have to wait.

Man of Honour
Had my first extended session on a Switch at the weekend (beer, chicken wings, a play on the Vive Index and the Switch - oh my!!! :D:D) and I loved it! My wife liked the Wii/Wii U and it turns out even my mother-in-law plays the Wii U with her grandson. Hopefully going to get one together as our Christmas present to each other. The only question is which game(s)? They are damn expensive (how!?). I played Mario Party for the first time and think this would be a good first or second game as everyone can play but also loved Mario Tennis Aces. Zelda, Mario Odyssey and other AAA single player games will have to wait.

Best 4 player local multiplayer:
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Overcooked 1 & 2
  • Snipperclips
  • Mario Kart
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
  • Super Smash Bros
Second tier games to consider:
  • Towerfall
  • Worms
  • Bomberman
  • Death Squared
  • Catastronauts
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Super Mario Bro's U Deluxe
Mario Party is pretty poor compared to the previous games in the series and I rate the above games better than it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Borrowed The Witcher to try as I was interested how it runs and tbh I'm really impressed. Its not quite as smooth or graphically as good as the main consoles but its damn close. Really impressed how they have pulled this off.

Just wish they would release Fallout 3 and New Vegas now.......

Back
Top Bottom