ASUS TUF FX505DV Benchmarks

Soldato
That looks quite tedious...let me know how you get on.

In other news, I spent 4 hours playing at -250mv and not a single issue. Laptop probably won't get used again until the weekend so I'll keep going then.

I thought it didn't look to bad really. I'll give it a try tonight.

Associate
iKrbuOu
heres a couple of scores with no over clocks

t3QaXyV.jpg

iKrbuOu.png
wEbIyPi

Last edited:
Soldato
Well just been playing about with throttlestop and MSI afterburner and after a few trial and errors it appears that with throttlestop only, CPU was hitting near mid 80s with full GPU temps hitting around 75deg with approx 65% GPU usage in game.
I used Afterburner and limited my GPU voltage to 0.875V with a clock of 1820Mhz. It seems stable enough. Temps now CPU-78deg GPU 68/69Deg with a game at max settings.

Soldato
Thought I would do a heven bench mark run to see if it had any detrimental effect on my GPU after playing with Afterburner.

Standard setup
d319HHV.jpg

Standard but run as soon as booted as everything was cold.
Hw314ps.jpg

Third run in a row with CPU and GPU undervolt Max voltage 850mV. Notice, The min FPS stutter has gone. Max temp was 73deg. I'll maybe nudge the voltage up a little and test again with a higher clock speed.
zODafTp.jpg

Soldato
Well I went ahead and repasted anyway as it was open getting a new Nvme 1TB and 2TB SSD fitted.
Also put K5pro on the vrms with kryonaut on the CPU and GPU.
Temps from gaming both undervolted dropped.

Tested with Battlefield 1 on the same missions.

Before:
CPU: approx 78deg GPU: approx 72 Deg

After
CPU: approx 62deg GPU: approx 58 deg

Happy with that and barely any fan noise.

Associate
OP
Can any laptop benchmarks join this thread or only Asus?

I think it will be a good idea :)

Been very impressed with the Ryzen + RTX 2060 combo been playing the new COD and getting excellent performace gaming on my 4K TV also been playing a lot of GTA5 in 4K and hitting 40-50FPS in Very High with all the good stuff on, been a very CPU intensive game the 4 core Ryzen is doing well.

Soldato
I think it will be a good idea :)

Been very impressed with the Ryzen + RTX 2060 combo been playing the new COD and getting excellent performace gaming on my 4K TV also been playing a lot of GTA5 in 4K and hitting 40-50FPS in Very High with all the good stuff on, been a very CPU intensive game the 4 core Ryzen is doing well.

Nice!! That's impressive. I'm hoping to get the new modern warfare for playing away too. Enjoying this.

Soldato
I don't think my undervolt is working. I ran it at -320mv last weekend and the results are the same. Can't see any change to the voltage regulation either.

I don't think it is if you are undervolting by that much. It should have blue screened well before that figure. Got any screen shots of Throttle stop?

Back
Top Bottom