• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
yes it is on. do you recommend keeping it on or disable ?

anandtech review went up today, a really good read for those interested in the technicals around these new phones.

I personally really like the True Tone and much prefer it on than off but if you're not used to it I can imagine thinking the screen was a bit funny as will often look a bit warm more than not.

Give it a go with a day on and day off and see how you feel. The screen is too cold for me when it's not on

Associate
Got my iPhone 11 pro max on Friday and used the move to iOS app to transfer everything from my android phone to this one.

Everything went through fine however I was out yesterday and the phone must have restarted itself approximately 20 times throughout the day. Every time I went to check the phone I had to enter my pin as the device had restarted.

I erased the iPhone once I was back home and ‘setup as new phone’ this time. But still it keeps restarting itself, this is so annoying. I tried calling apple and sat on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up.

Any one else had any issues?

Associate
Is it actually restarting or do you have the security settings configured that you have to enter the PIN? That's what I'd be checking if it asked you every time.

No, definitely rebooting every time. If it hasn’t rebooted it just unlocks using face unlock.

It has only restarted 3 times today so it’s getting better !

Associate
So I have been using the iPhone solidly non stop since I got it and I am close to the return window passing. I stopped using the N10+ To give this phone fair chance and to see how I get on with it.

Most of my previous comments still hold true. The weight of the phone is an issue for me. But I find if I don’t touch the N10+ it is less noticeable. Not ideal but not as bad as when I first got it as I simply hated the weight.

There is a lot of hype and praise for the camera and for the most part it has been perfect for me. I find UW is while a new and welcome addition for apple users. I think the implementation is not as good as android phones. Night mode is better than N10+ but it not user selectable and cannot be used in UW mode where as the N10+ you can. As for the ordinary camera mode it has been flawless for someone such as myself as I hardly take pics. It is possible to get fairly comparable shots with the N10+ but I find it takes a few tries. I have yet to take a pic with iPhone where I wasn’t happy with the picture taken first time. For the casual snap and go once in a blue moon pic. I love it.

In my usage so far the best one area where it has the N10+ beat is video. It just so smooth and the sound recorded was excellent. I do feel that the iPhone overall camera is better than the N10+ apart from the UW and non user selectable night mode.

Battery life as reported is exceptional. I tend to run dark mode 24/7 as I like the look of it on all my phones where possible so knowing that is an oled screen it must help with battery life although I am not sure how much. Talking of screens. For my general usage I find this screen to be perfectly fine and it only when I run the N10+ side by side then I prefer that still. It just a preference really even though this screen is generally brighter of the two.

I am not a fan of the typing experience on the iPhone as whether it in portrait or landscape there is a lot of wasted space where it could fill the entire width with the keyboard. I make a lot of spelling mistakes but that could be down to clumsy finger disease.

So how am I getting on with IOS? It perfectly fine. It doesn’t bother me any more then android does. I am comfortable with either operating system. I do however love the way the App Store is presented. Even though I have used Samsung phones for the last 8 years I was never much of a tinkerer. I change my wallpaper every one year or so and I never bothered with custom launchers or changing the icons etc it just never interested me.

so something like IOS which is the complete opposite to android where the lack of customisation and personalisation is lost on me.

So this Wednesday will I be returning the phone on the deadline? No I still stand by my comment in my earlier posts that I love it and will be keeping it.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Nice one.

You really can't buy a bad flagship these days so the rest is just personal preference :)

This.

Most flagships have gotten to the point where they are all so similar (especially android devices) that it basically all comes down to personal preference

Soldato
No, definitely rebooting every time. If it hasn’t rebooted it just unlocks using face unlock.

It has only restarted 3 times today so it’s getting better !
Settings - privacy - analytics
Any logs starting with “panic” ?
If so restore and setup as new - if issue persists then get it replaced

Man of Honour
When I joined VMware they gave me a choice of an iPhone or an S10 as my work phone choice. At the time I was in the mindset that it would be both a business and personal phone and going from Apple to Apple seemed a better idea than moving to Android. However since then I've come to the idea that my my work phone is my work phone, if I go on holiday I can leave it at home, just like I do on evenings and weekends. I'm kicking myself a little as I wish I'd have got the S10 to give me a chance to drive them both side by side. That said I only really use the work phone for taking pictures of receipts and phone calls.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

When I joined VMware they gave me a choice of an iPhone or an S10 as my work phone choice. At the time I was in the mindset that it would be both a business and personal phone and going from Apple to Apple seemed a better idea than moving to Android. However since then I've come to the idea that my my work phone is my work phone, if I go on holiday I can leave it at home, just like I do on evenings and weekends. I'm kicking myself a little as I wish I'd have got the S10 to give me a chance to drive them both side by side. That said I only really use the work phone for taking pictures of receipts and phone calls.

Tbf getting a flagship just to take pictures and answer some calls is pretty good

Associate
Settings - privacy - analytics
Any logs starting with “panic” ?
If so restore and setup as new - if issue persists then get it replaced

I have 2 in there that start with Panic. I have restored it 3 times so far. This time I have only had 2 restarts though since about 6pm last night approximately. I'll keep an eye on it.

Associate
Any IPhone 11 owners. I’m thinking of changing over to IOS from my Galaxy S9. I currently own a IPad Pro 11 inch and it’s fantastic and I find myself using it more than my S9.
Couple of questions,how is the screen quality on the 11 compared to the IPad Pro? And the camera is it any better than the S9. I do have a DSLR for proper photography but I use my phone on trips out and holiday.
Can afford the Pro or Pro max. Had a play with my Mums Xr and couldn’t really notice any difference in Camera quality or screen resolution. I usually run my S9 in 1080p mode so it doesn’t romp through it battery.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Any IPhone 11 owners. I’m thinking of changing over to IOS from my Galaxy S9. I currently own a IPad Pro 11 inch and it’s fantastic and I find myself using it more than my S9.
Couple of questions,how is the screen quality on the 11 compared to the IPad Pro? And the camera is it any better than the S9. I do have a DSLR for proper photography but I use my phone on trips out and holiday.
Can afford the Pro or Pro max. Had a play with my Mums Xr and couldn’t really notice any difference in Camera quality or screen resolution. I usually run my S9 in 1080p mode so it doesn’t romp through it battery.

The reason the screen is so nice on the Ipad pro is because of the 120hz display. The new iphones dont have that, so if I were you id probably wait for next years model as the rumours suggest the display will be 120hz

Associate
The reason the screen is so nice on the Ipad pro is because of the 120hz display. The new iphones dont have that, so if I were you id probably wait for next years model as the rumours suggest the display will be 120hz

Yeah it is definitely smoother compared to say a Xr or my S9 but I’m more concerned with is the brightness and colours comparable on the 11 and iPad Pro.

Soldato

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yeah it is definitely smoother compared to say a Xr or my S9 but I’m more concerned with is the brightness and colours comparable on the 11 and iPad Pro.

Oh if its just brightness and colours, then the new pro max screen is fantastic! Easily one of the best displays on any phone, so its definitely worth getting if thats your main thing. HDR content is on a completely another level even compared to last years XS Max

Back
Top Bottom