What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Zombieland Doubletap at the cinema last night. Loved it! Great humour, following pretty much the same pattern and ways from the first movie. Woody Harrelson is really becoming one of my favorite actors as well. 8//10

Man of Honour
The trouble with knowing there is a twist coming can detract from the enjoyment of the movie as you can be distracted trying to figure it out. I wouldn't consider it a spoiler as such but when I watch the movie now I will definitely be focused on what the twist might be rather than just going with the flow. Not sure how much of that made sense :D

Yeah I can understand the logic of that

Man of Honour
I seem to remember the Nice Guys felt like a film I had seen a thousand times before. Only not remotely funny and not very interesting. Not one I’d recommend, soz!!

Soldato
Watchmen 7.5/10
Best superhero film I have seen. Very dark, good dialogue, complex story and very gritty. No constant wisecracking from the characters either. Far better than all the generic marvel rubbish.

Last edited:
Associate
I seem to remember the Nice Guys felt like a film I had seen a thousand times before. Only not remotely funny and not very interesting. Not one I’d recommend, soz!!

I was a little disappointed by it. Probably because it's no where near as good as Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. If you haven't seen that then you'd probably enjoy Nice Guys more.

Soldato
Arrival. (Again, for the 20th time).

Never bores, always gets a 11/10 from me. Other thought provoking film recommendations welcome (if that want a too vague request).

Damn good film. Quite emotional at times as well, if I do say so myself. You might have already seen it, but Source Code (2011), is a pretty thought provoking film.

Associate
Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019) - 5/10

There’s plenty of spectacular special effects full of magic and colour in this somewhat traditional movie, but unfortunately, there’s not a lot of story or memorable events to keep things interesting.

It picks up at the end because of the large scale action and climatic finale, but the weak plot, so-so acting, lack of comedic moments and cast of underdeveloped characters make things a little boring overall.

Typical Disney ending, although Jolie’s performance and the little porcupine character were good.

Soldato
Have you watched Primer ?
No I havent, thanks for the tip.

Damn good film. Quite emotional at times as well, if I do say so myself. You might have already seen it, but Source Code (2011), is a pretty thought provoking film.
Ive seen Source code but a long time ago, I might even have it on itunes. I'll watch again.

Mother! with Jennifer Lawrence...what on earth did i just watch, def a thinker.
Cheers, I'll look out for it.

I’m guessing you’ve probably already seen it but I liked ‘Moon”.
Loved Moon.

Back
Top Bottom