• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
No clean install of windows? I always do that, even when changing from nvidia to amd graphics cards. Probably why I hardly ever have issues and a lot of people whine about drivers or some issue or the other :p

I have no issues. Pretty much jump on the latest BIOS every chance i get. Driver for my 5700 cards are the latest too. No DDUs ever. Just plain Windows uninstall program. No, blackscreen, no reboot issues, zero. One was an upgrade from a GTX 1060.

The advantage is, all files are the same including games. If one HDD fails, i can easily image one and replace the bad one.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have no issues. Pretty much jump on the latest BIOS every chance i get. Driver for my 5700 cards are the latest too. No DDUs ever. Just plain Windows uninstall program. No, blackscreen, no reboot issues, zero. One was an upgrade from a GTX 1060.
Yeah fair enough. Was not saying you did. Was just surprised you went down that route. Never liked doing that on my pc. Always prefer a fresh install as any issues I know it is likely hardware :D

Associate
Yeah fair enough. Was not saying you did. Was just surprised you went down that route. Never liked doing that on my pc. Always prefer a fresh install as any issues I know it is likely hardware :D

Just started doing this with Ryzen. But for GPU driver install, i never use DDU since HD7000 series. You'll read about how some have to disable hardware acceleration, i never do that.

Associate
Any one else getting tired, with all the waiting around on 3900X and 3950X stock?
Had to order a 3800X to tide me over the next few weeks, as the rest of my new Ryzen system is built and raring to go. :D

Soldato
What would be good for gaming 3600 or 3700? I really need to upgrade my 2500k, brakepoint on 5700xt at 1080p is giving me 40-50 FPS on high settings.

I changed my 2500K to a 3600 last month. Love it so far. Saying that, I've not managed to play many up to date games lately but that will change soon.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
3700 is about £125 more expensive than I paid for my 3600. For my use case it would not make a difference the extra two cores, though obviously it is nice to have :)

Associate
3700 is about £125 more expensive than I paid for my 3600. For my use case it would not make a difference the extra two cores, though obviously it is nice to have :)

personally I think its wise to go for the 8 cores, I could be wrong but the investment should then be plenty to cover the next gen console lifespan, I think 6 cores may leave you short. although I don't currently notice much difference between my old 2600 and 3700x in general gaming.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
personally I think its wise to go for the 8 cores, I could be wrong but the investment should then be plenty to cover the next gen console lifespan, I think 6 cores may leave you short. although I don't currently notice much difference between my old 2600 and 3700x in general gaming.
By the time one needs more cores though 4000 series CPU’s will be available and even on discount though imo. Can just sell my 3600 and add a bit more and get the better CPU with more cores then ;)

Associate
By the time one needs more cores though 4000 series CPU’s will be available and even on discount though imo. Can just sell my 3600 and add a bit more and get the better CPU with more cores then ;)

Yes fair enough, I was think more along the lines of investment now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes fair enough, I was think more along the lines of investment now.
I always consider the long game when buying :)

Otherwise one could just say why not get a 3900X or soon a 3950X. They are more future proof also. But knowing you can drop in a 4000 series CPU soon into the same mobo changes things :D

Soldato
Has anyone had any audio issues with x570? I was playing Gmod last night and noticed a particular sound was different that time, a certain sound played and instead of sounding normal it turned into a screeching garbled mess. Seems to have gone away for now though, I'm also sometimes not hearing some sound fx like when shooting or doing some other action that usually has sound, but it is somewhat rare.. dunno if it's just a common bug or if it's issues with my board.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Has anyone had any audio issues with x570? I was playing Gmod last night and noticed a particular sound was different that time, a certain sound played and instead of sounding normal it turned into a screeching garbled mess. Seems to have gone away for now though, I'm also sometimes not hearing some sound fx like when shooting or doing some other action that usually has sound, but it is somewhat rare.. dunno if it's just a common bug or if it's issues with my board.
So far so good here.

Soldato

How high is your fclk?

Back
Top Bottom