Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Associate
Apparently there is an option to change the combat style to a semi turn based style combat to provide a slightly "old-school" feel.
Regardless..give me more Aerith =)

Associate
Love waking up to news like this :D

I am heading to EGX in London on Friday (runs Thu-Sun), and they have just announced that there will be 30 PS4 stations with FF7 remake demo playable.

https://www.egx.net/egx/news/final-fantasy-7-remake-is-playable-at-egx

Deffo going to be the first thing I queue for haha!

I saw this last night, i dont care if it's the only game I play theres no way I'm not having a go

How long is the demo do we know? I assume to the boss fight?

Soldato
Going on most games at EGX (big ones), they usually allow a play time of 10-15 minutes per person due to the volume of people they have to get through.

Seen some games before with 3 hour queues.

Got early entry so will be heading to the PlayStation stand straight away.

Associate
Going on most games at EGX (big ones), they usually allow a play time of 10-15 minutes per person due to the volume of people they have to get through.

Seen some games before with 3 hour queues.

Got early entry so will be heading to the PlayStation stand straight away.

I have a early access ticket for friday, I have a feeling everyone is going to be heading straight for the playstation stand! :( my mate I'm going with hates FFVII as well lol

Associate
Did anyone get to play this? I had early access and was there before doors opened but it was like everyone went straight to it! The queue was huge. My mate isn’t a FF fan so I felt bad making him wait for a hour or more so I get a 15 min demo! It looks amazing

I did get a photo with the buster sword tho!

Soldato
You could book a slot on the Playstation experience app, so we did that for 11.15am and only had to wait 2 mins :D In terms of the demo, the gfx and voice acting is absolutely amazing. Game play will be good, but it's going to take some time to get used to the combat itself. I am hoping for good things with classic mode as I will probably venture down that route. Funniest part in the demo was when Barret randomly decided to sing the theme when you win a battle, had me in stitches.

Associate
You could book a slot on the Playstation experience app, so we did that for 11.15am and only had to wait 2 mins :D In terms of the demo, the gfx and voice acting is absolutely amazing. Game play will be good, but it's going to take some time to get used to the combat itself. I am hoping for good things with classic mode as I will probably venture down that route. Funniest part in the demo was when Barret randomly decided to sing the theme when you win a battle, had me in stitches.

Oh no you are joking? you could book slots?!? I'm actually gutted!

Im glad to hear its getting positive reviews and i think classic mode will appeal to me more as well from what ive seen. Haha cant wait to see the Barret moment.

Associate
Just played the demo at comic con, amazing! The combat will take some getting used to coming from the original. March cant come quick enough!

Soldato
Has anyone spoken about how this FF will work 'cross-generation'?

We have so many AAA games upcoming this year, but this one in particular makes me wonder how Sony will manage save games across multiple console generations? Will I be able to play the first installment on my PS4, then continue the second on my PS5? Surely this will need to be a thing?

Caporegime
Sony will manage save games across multiple console generations? Will I be able to play the first installment on my PS4, then continue the second on my PS5? Surely this will need to be a thing?

Microsoft do cloud saving for free which is a huge bonus if you ask me. Sony will probably expect you to purchase PS+.

Back
Top Bottom