90hz OLED screen with always on display and reduced notch

6GB RAM

5G

Further FaceID improvements

Base storage upped to 128GB

USB C

Reverse wireless charging

Higher wattage wireless charging

There’s been a LOT of rumours that next year is going to see a big upgrade and it makes sense now that the X design is 3 years old.

Seems like madness to upgrade now from a X, so going to be an exciting wait until next sep!

I think they can skip the 90hz and got straight to 120hz, using the same technology they currently have in the ipad pro's.

Apart from that, yes to all these things however I do doubt that the camera bump is going any time soon. Would even chuck a 1440p display in there and if we get all these things this phone will be near perfect (as far as iphones go)

Soldato
iPad Pro is LCD, Phones are OLED they are completely different. Can’t do edge to edge on an LCD either let alone the blacks etc, would require bezels like the 11/XR

High refresh rate OLEDs don’t reach the colour accuracy Apple expect on an Apple product (yet). That may change next year though.

They already have 120hz touch layers.

Associate
Got my eye in this one. Imo the 11 excluding the camera was such an mediocre upgrade from the XS that it just wasn't worth it.

Next year's iPhone with all the rumoured upgrades might be the one to finally switch me from Android. Just hope the price wont go up (they probably will).

Soldato
The price is on a permanent escalator that’ll go up by a minimum of fifty quid a year for the foreseeable.
Lol yeah im expecting it, I'd probably go for the Max with larger storage too. So i'm imagining around £1600 with apple care :(

No. The price has been the same for the last 3 years. It’s gone up in the UK because the £ to tanked against the $ mainly driven by Brexit.

Associate
No. The price has been the same for the last 3 years. It’s gone up in the UK because the £ to tanked against the $ mainly driven by Brexit.

True that, like the iPhone 11 compared to the XR has gone down, but in the UK i think it went up?

Either way at the end of the day the price we pay in the UK is going up.

Soldato
So what you’re saying is that the iPhone now costs more in the UK than it did last year?

What I’m saying is your assertion the price is on a permanent escalator is nonsense and you know that.

The phone is priced in $. The price is $999 has it has been for the last 2 previous models. All international pricing is derived from the $999 base price using an exchange rate around launch date. The £ is now worth less than last year so you need more £ to get $999. It doesn’t cost more, the £ is just worth less.

Associate
Already dreading the contract prices for next year.

To the point where if the Pixel for next year is looking good and can save me a bit of spendoolies, I might hop back over to the dark side...

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Already dreading the contract prices for next year.

To the point where if the Pixel for next year is looking good and can save me a bit of spendoolies, I might hop back over to the dark side...

Yep... The rumours are that the prices are going to go up simply because of the 5G modems -.-

Soldato

The Galaxy Note 10+ prices:

4g model $1099 or £999
5g model $1299 or £1099

Samsung are affected by exchange rate fluctuations like Apple are, but somehow charge more in dollars than in sterling. Unlike Apple.

I can’t link but read an article showing how the U.K. has suffered the highest increased iPhone prices (going back several models) I think of any country in the world.

Perhaps it’s nothing to do with Brexit. Perhaps Apple’s pricing team have stats that make them believe people in the U.K. will pay a little more. Every time they put the price up and people pay it, the price increases for the next model too.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

What Id like to see, in order of importance for next years model:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all
2) 120Hz display
3) USB-C
4) 5G
5) 6/8gb of RAM
6) Base storage 128gb
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging
8) 1440p display
9) Reverse wireless charging

Let us pray

Soldato
What Id like to see, in order of importance for next years model:

1) Much smaller notch, or no notch at all
2) 120Hz display
3) USB-C
4) 5G
5) 6/8gb of RAM
6) Base storage 128gb
7) Faster charging/Faster wireless charging
8) 1440p display
9) Reverse wireless charging

Let us pray
I think we’ll get USB-C, smaller notch and 5G.

I think 64GB base storage will still be an option.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I think we’ll get USB-C, smaller notch and 5G.

I think 64GB base storage will still be an option.

Im good with those 3, but its time we got a higher refresh display now.

64gb base isnt ideal, but 128 would be a lot better these days, especially with file sizes in general for everything getting bigger and bigger

Back
Top Bottom