Would you sell a car you know has a problem?

Caporegime
Lots of threads in here recently suggesting car dealers/workshops are all dodgy and that they shaft customers.... Seems like hypocrisy looking at some of the posts in this thread.

And to the "the dealers deserve it for screwing customers" argument.... Perhaps some dealers think similar regarding customers after being shafted by the public once too often.

People in glass houses and all that...
The trade has a duty of care to its customers, if a part exchange has a fault the onus is on them to identify it prior to taking the car in and rectifying it prior to sale.

If they don’t that’s their problem as professionals and any such issues would (or should) be factored into their business model as a car sales outfit , this is why I’d have no problem not declaring any major issues to them but equally why I wouldn’t sell a car privately without declaring any major issues.

my conscience is clear. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
We just got rid of the wifes Qashqai. Decided to part ex after it recently had service and MOT with them noting oil was weeping from the turbo.

I could have easily got another £500 - £600+ for the car but I just didn't want the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom