Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Commissario
@Feek what project you going to be doing with it? I was tempted to get another pi 4 to play with ubuntu 19.10.
A D-STAR hotspot. I've got a Zumspot which I use for DMR but decided to put my own one together for D-STAR. They'll work on a Zero but as soon as you start doing anything in the config, the CPU pegs at 100% and it really slows down. Even at idle, the CPU load reported by the OS is rarely below 1.50.
I've ordered this HAT which is the same physical size as the 3A+ so it makes sense to use one.

Permabanned
A D-STAR hotspot. I've got a Zumspot which I use for DMR but decided to put my own one together for D-STAR. They'll work on a Zero but as soon as you start doing anything in the config, the CPU pegs at 100% and it really slows down. Even at idle, the CPU load reported by the OS is rarely below 1.50.
I've ordered this HAT which is the same physical size as the 3A+ so it makes sense to use one.

ah just looked, looks pretty neat.

Commissario
looks pretty neat.
It's an area of the hobby I've not experimented with before. There are DMR and D-STAR repeaters nearby but I wanted to learn about hotspots. I was recommended to buy the Zumspot which I did but at £160, I think it's expensive as to build my own will be a lot cheaper. They also mean that I can access networks that aren't available through the local repeaters.
The chap in that video has the same radio as me, the Icom 5100 and I've already set it up to work with the hotspot once I've built it. All good fun :)

Soldato

Its a right cool little car. Auto lights, auto climate control, reverse camera!, and android/apple play. It is only a 1l or 900cc or whatever but its great for what we need it for and the kids can fit in the back.

We currently have it on a PCP 0% for 2 year. Put a big deposit down so only costing £25 per month, will decide what to do come 2 years as it will still have 2 out of the 5 year warranty left.

Soldato
I bought this a little while back, I swear (affordable) synths weren't this much fun in the 80's.

km.jpg

Soldato
Its a right cool little car. Auto lights, auto climate control, reverse camera!, and android/apple play. It is only a 1l or 900cc or whatever but its great for what we need it for and the kids can fit in the back.

We currently have it on a PCP 0% for 2 year. Put a big deposit down so only costing £25 per month, will decide what to do come 2 years as it will still have 2 out of the 5 year warranty left.
Plenty of space for hair dryers and curling tongs?

Soldato
A recent purchase of mine: an antique 1845 Pattern Sabre. This would have been owned and used by a British officer of infantry during the height of the Empire.

ThE4xUyl.jpg
UueypEpl.jpg

Caporegime
dii7Yh1.jpg

Someone had a brain fart at my Local Supermarket....

£4 for the bulbs and switches and £12 for the hub and 2 more bulbs... lol

I found them in the reduced to clear bin with a load of summer junk....

Ill be replacing my Ikea stuff soon :p and integrating whats left.

Soldato
Synths are getting so reasonable nowadays. They’ve had to come down in price to compete with soft synths.

The thing with analogue hardware synths, and this is something I didn't appreciate before, is the awesomeness of knob-twiddling at your fingertips. You can do so much to the sound, live, as a loop is playing, and on the Monologue you can even program your knob twiddling into a loop ("automation").

I've lost many an hour to it.

Man of Honour

Someone had a brain fart at my Local Supermarket....

£4 for the bulbs and switches and £12 for the hub and 2 more bulbs... lol

I found them in the reduced to clear bin with a load of summer junk....

Ill be replacing my Ikea stuff soon :p and integrating whats left.
You lucky bar steward.

Back
Top Bottom