What would GD do?

Soldato
Today, heading West on the A31 just before Ringwood, at 14:15, a AgeTrans HGV parked in a layby had its rear trailer doors open, and roughly 40 to 50 people were climbing out of it and basically running off. I say 40 to 50 because I was past so quickly in the grand scheme of things that there were probably more in the trailer, certainly seemed that way. Sadly, there was nowhere to sensibly turn around and go back as I would have had to travel 10miles on the opposite carriageway before I could then turnaround and head West again.

I rang 101 who would have been more interested if Twitter was down, so I'm not really sure if anything happened or if I could have done anything different.

Caporegime
Why? It wasn't an emergency...

999 isn't just for emergencies - you might be confusing calling 999 for medical help here - yes in a medical emergency you call 999 but for other medical incidents you can call NHS direct, out of hours GP etc...

In this case it had little to do with anything medical but rather a potential crime was taking place right then - in that instance you're supposed to call 999, not 101.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2015/03/101-or-999-which-one-should-you-call/
  • call when it’s an emergency
  • a crime is in progress
  • someone suspected of a crime is nearby
  • when there is danger to life
  • when violence is being used or threatened

Soldato
OP
999 isn't just for emergencies - you might be confusing calling 999 for medical help here - yes in a medical emergency you call 999 but for other medical incidents you can call NHS direct, out of hours GP etc...

In this case it had little to do with anything medical but rather a potential crime was taking place right then - in that instance you're supposed to call 999, not 101.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2015/03/101-or-999-which-one-should-you-call/

Apart from traveling in the rear of a trailer, what crime was committed?

Caporegime
Apart from traveling in the rear of a trailer, what crime was committed?

40 - 50 people were in the back of a truck and you don't think a crime was in progress/committed? Illegally entering the UK, people smuggling, could be some people trafficking/slavery going on too etc..etc.. you don't know whether the driver was complicit in the matter whether gang members were present.

Seems pretty obvious that it probably isn't a good idea to have a whole bunch of people let out of a truck in a main road that at least some crime has likely been committed and that the police might well be interested in talking to both the driver and some of those people.

Soldato
Sadly, there was nowhere to sensibly turn around and go back as I would have had to travel 10miles on the opposite carriageway before I could then turnaround and head West again.
Very generous of you but they probably had a lift organised, probably an Uber just through the tree line.

Soldato
I think your opinions are terrible and you're terrible.

That's what can happen when you've lived in the wilderness for too long, you get cabin fever and go mad. Your missing civilisation. The hustle and bustle, the wheeling and dealing, the moving and grooving.

You'll be burying people in your acres of land before long.

Permabanned
40 - 50 people were in the back of a truck and you don't think a crime was in progress/committed? Illegally entering the UK, people smuggling, could be some people trafficking/slavery going on too etc..etc.. you don't know whether the driver was complicit in the matter whether gang members were present.

Seems pretty obvious that it probably isn't a good idea to have a whole bunch of people let out of a truck in a main road that at least some crime has likely been committed and that the police might well be interested in talking to both the driver and some of those people.

I think the left are people smuggling they make money and get to stroke thier ego at the same time. I cannot remember the case were a few white English people were caught. And of course if they get in who will they vote for? Labour

Where wil they get sent after swamping London? Up North to Stoke of course. France are obviously on the ball as well and taking this very seriously because thier side is swamped with these illegals too.

Permabanned
I would have rang 101 then let them escalate it. Reason been it’s nothing really to worry about. It’s only immigrants wanting a better life.

Won’t be much longer after Brexit people will be doing that to get into other countries from UK. :p

We then won’t be called Great Britain, just Britain. We also won’t be a United Kingdom or a kingdom.

So don’t worry, more jobs will be lost and more companies will go under.

Back
Top Bottom