Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Soldato
4 days to go, I can see this thread is oozing excitement :D

TBF this is the first CoD since MW3 that I'm actually looking forward to. There's just no way I'm ordering until I've seen some post release reviews of how online plays. The beta's gave us an idea but general release the game can play differently. More than that though, I'm waiting to see actual details on the season thing they're bringing in to replace loot boxes. It sounds like it is a step in the right direction from completely random loot boxes but I'll wait and see the level of BS that's actually in the game.

Caporegime
OP
TBF this is the first CoD since MW3 that I'm actually looking forward to. There's just no way I'm ordering until I've seen some post release reviews of how online plays. The beta's gave us an idea but general release the game can play differently. More than that though, I'm waiting to see actual details on the season thing they're bringing in to replace loot boxes. It sounds like it is a step in the right direction from completely random loot boxes but I'll wait and see the level of BS that's actually in the game.

reviews never mention online

the concern I have with the battle pass system is the cost of it, it will annoy me greatly if it’s more than £10 per season to buy the pass as that will be on top of the 60 cost to buy the game.
I hope they award you CoD points in the BP (wishful thinking I know) that you can earn and then buy the next one like how fortnite does it, but this activision so I’m doubtful it will be consumer friendly

Soldato
reviews never mention online

the concern I have with the battle pass system is the cost of it, it will annoy me greatly if it’s more than £10 per season to buy the pass as that will be on top of the 60 cost to buy the game.
I hope they award you CoD points in the BP (wishful thinking I know) that you can earn and then buy the next one like how fortnite does it, but this activision so I’m doubtful it will be consumer friendly

I meant joe blogs reviews, like people on here or other forums. Maybe "reviews" isn't the correct word, I suppose "opinions" fits better.

Soldato
Is there anywhere that's reasonable for the digital version on Xbox One? I really cba with physical copies anymore (plus it's another thing to drag about when I take my Xbox) and like being able to just seamlessly switch between games.

Soldato
Very true. I don't want to wait till it's older either.

Might have to mention this to my mate. How does it work exactly?

You and a friend basically set each others xboxs as their home console and then you can both access each others digital games and would only need 1 subscription to xbox live and/or gamepass/ultimate (and I think EA access too). The only downside is you have to be connected to the internet to play the games and finding someone you trust. :p

For Modern Warfare the cheapest way to go digital is probably buy xbox credit off of cdkeys. There's also a punch card on the rewards part of the dashboard to earn 5000 points back which is nearly £5 worth. So probably would cost near £50 in the end.

Associate
Like Nintendo games digital CoD games seem to stay expensive for longer, that's why the CoD WW2 for $12 with Spyro and Bandicoot on Humble Bundle is currently such a great deal. Got Modern Warfare free with my 2070 super, definitely adds value as they're rarely discounted as much as most games for their first few years of release.

Back
Top Bottom