**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Anyone here get the Mclaren edition? Really like the design on the back of it!

Soldato
That's good to hear, especially now that reviews of the Pixels are coming out and are making it look underwhelming to say the least.

One thing that is holding me back is....

obviously keep in mind that it is early days so I'll see how it behaves in low light etc but over-all I think it's here to stay.

finger print is no issue for me, seems to work 9/10 when I need it, rest is face unlock.

heard that registering the fingerprint in dark room is good idea, worked on 6T and improved the accuracy massively.

Associate
obviously keep in mind that it is early days so I'll see how it behaves in low light etc but over-all I think it's here to stay.

finger print is no issue for me, seems to work 9/10 when I need it, rest is face unlock.

heard that registering the fingerprint in dark room is good idea, worked on 6T and improved the accuracy massively.

The last bit is a good idea will give it a go since this is my only issue with the phone at the moment.

Soldato
Well managed to download the OTA update using a VPN to Germany, lets see how it gets on now. Will try re-teaching my finger prints again and see what that does.

Soldato
What's the summary in terms of difference between the normal and pro version?

7T = £549
7T pro = £699

I know the difference in storage is 128 v 256 and to be honest I could live with 128 no problem.

Curved (Pro) vs flat screen (non-Pro). 7-8% bigger battery on the Pro. No notch on the Pro. MKBHD reckons the screen on the non-Pro isn't quite as premium. The 7T in my eyes is much uglier owing to the round camera thingy.

Associate
If you go on DXO scores then the OP7 Pro produces very good pictures.

That's another kick in the nuts for the Pixel 4! :D

Curved (Pro) vs flat screen (non-Pro). 7-8% bigger battery on the Pro. No notch on the Pro. MKBHD reckons the screen on the non-Pro isn't quite as premium. The 7T in my eyes is much uglier owing to the round camera thingy.

Also the Pro has a 3x telephoto lens v's 2x on the 7T.

I am also considering the 2 models.

The £150 saving is very tempting, especially when it doesn't have the curved screen edges and is otherwise more or less the same. I'm sure the extra resolution of the Pro will wipe out any battery savings over the 7T.

Soldato
I thought the same about 7T camera but now I got one it actually isn't as "ugly" in person as it is in pictures.

I did go for the silver one.

pro coming in blue only is a put off for me.

screen is very good, no issues at all.

Associate
I'm very tempted with the 7T as an upgrade to my Pixel 2 XL. Pixel 4 is DOA.

How are the Android updates, and is there risk of softest issues like Huawei have experienced?
Updates are best in class short of owning a Pixel. The 7T and 7T Pro are coming out with android 10 onboard, the 7 and 7 Pro are receiving the update right now and so will last year's phones.

Soldato
What's the summary in terms of difference between the normal and pro version?

7T = £549
7T pro = £699

I know the difference in storage is 128 v 256 and to be honest I could live with 128 no problem.

I'd honestly either get a 7T or just the 7 Pro. I don't think the 7T Pro is a worthy upgrade.

Soldato
The 7 Pro hasn't dropped in price though, so may as well get the 7T Pro at the same cost?

if they are the same price then the 7T Pro is a no brainer, the 7T Pro is no way a major upgrade from the 7 Pro though

the 7 Pro is cheaper improted from China but warranty may be an issue in the UK.

Soldato
I'm very tempted with the 7T as an upgrade to my Pixel 2 XL. Pixel 4 is DOA.

How are the Android updates, and is there risk of softest issues like Huawei have experienced?
that's what I did.

went from 2xl, happy with it! :)

updates are as good as it gets, other than pixel devices I have not had faster updates.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

That's another kick in the nuts for the Pixel 4! :D

Also the Pro has a 3x telephoto lens v's 2x on the 7T.

I am also considering the 2 models.

The £150 saving is very tempting, especially when it doesn't have the curved screen edges and is otherwise more or less the same. I'm sure the extra resolution of the Pro will wipe out any battery savings over the 7T.

Dont get it twisted on DXOMark though, those scores arent the be all and end all.

Most people would still say the pixel has a better camera for most normal pictures, but the Oneplus gets a higher score for other factors like having a wide angle camera for example, whereas the Pixel gets 0 as it doesnt have one.

Thats not to say the OP has a worse camera or anything, its clearly a fantastic camera (as are most flagships these days) but for photos I would still say the pixel has a better camera

Soldato
Saying that as someone who bought a 7 Pro at full price when the 7T Pro was an option :D.
I wanted 12GB RAM but not the glossy McLaren Edition, so there you go.

You get a pretty decent case with the McLaren which must be worth a few quid. Fair enough if you don't use one.

Back
Top Bottom