Insurgency Sandstorm - Unreal Engine 4

Soldato
I would usually pretty much always only use single fire in any sort of "realistic" shooter, but there's a weird mechanic with the recoil system in Sandstorm, where firing multiple single shots feels harder than using full auto and firing in short bursts. Anyone else noticed this? It's as though a fixed amount of recoil is applied to each shot in single fire, where as in auto, the first shot gets full recoil and then the follow up shots apply less. So if you fire say, 5 rounds in single, you end up with much higher recoil than if you'd fired 5 rounds on auto, even if you're attempting to control it.

It's annoying, because you'd think it should be easier to control single shot, but recoil control actually seems more natural and manageable on auto. I've noticed it mentioned a few times on the Insurgency Reddit too.

Associate
Loving this game, but I get a game crashes every so often. Anyone else getting this or ideas to mitigate?

Thanks in advance
Not had any crashes for a while, but know some on reddit were having issues running out of VRAM - might be worthing monitoring your usage in-game if you're not already?

Try setting "Texture Streaming Pool" to low and see how you get on.

Soldato
Cheers for replies. I've been away.

I's a game crash as it comes up with an error report to send. I'll screenie it next time and post it up.

VRAM... don't think so but I'll check. 1080ti has 11GB so should be good but I'll check for it as you suggest.

Cheers both

Associate
I had it get stuck in a loop loading this morning, restarted steam and was able to get in to a game but it crashed after a bit, I'm on a 1080ti, and had something similar happen a while ago, eemed to be just a glitch/random event.

Soldato
Cheers for replies. I've been away.

I's a game crash as it comes up with an error report to send. I'll screenie it next time and post it up.

VRAM... don't think so but I'll check. 1080ti has 11GB so should be good but I'll check for it as you suggest.

Cheers both

Is you 1080TI overclocked? I had random crashes when mine was overclocked when i had the game

Soldato
Hi yes it is OC'd. It is an nvllddm crash so I'll run @ stock and see. Sometimes can have a whole eve with no crashes but another eve it'll crash more than once.

get rid of riva tuner stats if you have that too. It can cause crashes. Nvllddm is 100% a gpu load/ overheating related crash

Soldato
To update, it was the memory OC on my gfx card. Cheers Guesty.
:) no probs.
Sandstorm, GTA V, Squad and Planet Coaster are real tests of GPU/hardware.

Ignore all the benchmark testing software and ramp these games up to max detail - within 30 mins you’ll know if your machine is stable

Soldato
Free to Play until the 17th. Just had a good update. Excellent shooter. CS - GO crossed with PUBG for TTK. No weapon grinding, some very good map design. You need to play a bit more tactically and slower than say Battlefield or Modern Warfare and you can now select between all game modes. Domination and Frontline being my favorite.

If you are bored of PUBG tehn the TTK and tactics for CQB are similar and you get to respawn in this game so potentially WAAAAY more kills available. Good players get up to 50 kills in a game. Brilliant Game and a simpler CQB version of Squad and Post SCriptum - both of which also have had updates. All fantastic games - all still Alpha Beta but way more polished than many AAA games.

Deffo worth a look as a shooter. Just remember to slow down a bit, PUBG players should do well. Learning the general map layouts will make it seem less difficult.

Soldato
Loving this game, but I get a game crashes every so often. Anyone else getting this or ideas to mitigate?

Thanks in advance

If its Unreal Engine crashes I found its sensitive to graphics card overclocks. I had no issues with my overclocks in any other game but was getting crashes in this. As soon as I turned it right down I haven't had an unread engine crash since.

Soldato
Update 1.7 Operation Nightfall is out. Might maps here we come!

Been playing this for a while - great fun and the more realistic effects and co-op elements have been popular.

Quite a few bugs with 1.7. SVD with C79 NV gave me just a black scope, Amber NVG's used with SVD with WP Elcan Spectre scope (can't remember what it's called in game) means you are completely blinded when scoped in. Quite a few broken (as in there is no glass) windows where IR laser can penetrate and can blind you up close.

Back
Top Bottom